Active Now

Zack
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » After a 15-hour delay search and rescue operations are beginning again on that collapsed Florida condo. Hurricane heading that way?

After a 15-hour delay search and rescue operations are beginning again on that collapsed Florida condo. Hurricane heading that way?

Isn't the operation getting more and more dangerous?

I expect where there's hope there's life. Condolences and blessings to all involved with it.

Posted - July 2, 2021

Responses

Naturally, with the possibility of a hurricane, the stability (such that there is) of the building will be further compromised.  I cannot imagine the rescue operations will continue if a hurricane hits.  Sometimes, I think the "not knowing" the fate of your love ones is worse than confirmation that they have died.

EDIT:  I just read something on Yahoo News, posted yesterday, that a woman and her 16-year old daughter were rescued from the rubble, so there is still hope.  Mom had a fractured pelvis and the daughter a broken leg.  Amazing that this was all that happened to them. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at July 4, 2021 11:30 AM MDT
      July 2, 2021 9:18 AM MDT

Slow-moving tragedy for sure. Eventually fate will take over or the weather. Thank you for your reply L. I've never had to worry about something like this have you? It must be torture. :( Oh wait. Yes I did. When a freeway up north collapsed..the Nimitz freeway to be exact. It was a Friday I believe and ball game was going to be played. My son lived "up north" then and attended those ballgames. I was frantic but the lines were all down and it's the hardest time in my life that I can remember. FINALLY about 9:30 p.m my son called. They were at his then-girlfriends office and got an open line to call me. I can't tell you how relieved I was. I would not want to have to go through anything like that again. EAch moment you are dying and can hardly breathe. It isn't any fun. Thank you for your reply L! :0
      July 4, 2021 11:34 AM MDT

I was concerned on 9/11 when I heard that they downed a plane in PA, but they didn't say where.  My sister was down there at that time and I was concerned until I reached her about half an hour later.  
      July 4, 2021 5:27 PM MDT

OMG. Of course you'd be. I had forgotten about that. The plane of patriots who purposely crashed the plane to save the Capitol. Wasn't it headed for that target? I'm sure that was harrowing for you. How remarkable the a plane filled with strangers came together to do such a noble thing? Thank you for your reply L. I'm going to refresh the memories of others as you refreshed mine!
      July 5, 2021 3:24 AM MDT

It was a scary day on more than one level.  
      July 5, 2021 7:49 AM MDT

Indeed. But another shining example of PATRIOTISM! REAL not fake. That's what I think about. Also of course when I visited Philadelphia decades ago all the places I visited I remember so fondly. The Bucks County Playhouse...Amish Country...the Italian Market...Bookbinder's...The steps Rocky ran up I walked up! Sigh. And now the scene of white supremacist fascist racist insurrectionst hate-filled monstrous homo saps...marching through until they were chased out like the vermin they are. Oh well. Let's see what tomorrow brings! Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 7, 2021 3:16 PM MDT
      July 7, 2021 2:06 PM MDT

Maybe that will teach the interlopers a lesson that, not only aren't they wanted in Philadelphia, but they'll get run out on their rear ends if they try again.
      July 7, 2021 3:17 PM MDT

I think it was the Charlottesville nighttime torch-carrying white supremacists who chanted "the Jews will not replace us" or some crap like that whch was the beginning. Then GUANO said there was "good people on both sides". Well what better endorsement could you get than that? It hasn't stopped since then. The creeps get bolder and bolder. That there are so many of them shocks me though. I think they are all loony tunes. Millions of them surrounding us and armed to kill with hate and vengeance in their hearts. Once upon a time they stayed in the shaows and cves and ooze and mud and scum. Now they proudly are out in the sun all the time plotting planning hurting harming. Not a thing any sane homo saps relishes. So what we do? Well we speak up. Besides that? I don't have a clue! Thank you for your reply L.
      July 8, 2021 2:57 AM MDT

I think these people have always been around.  Trump has merely given them license to display their hatred openly.  Pretty sad.
      July 8, 2021 9:49 AM MDT

That is exactly what horrifies me! They have always been here polluting our air our water our earth. Waiting just waiting for a chance to come out with their claws and teeth and weaponry. MILLIONS OF THEM. My gawd how ghastly is THAT? Thank you for your reply L. Guano the male pandora.
      July 9, 2021 7:33 AM MDT

Truly sad.
      July 9, 2021 8:26 AM MDT

:(:(:(
      July 9, 2021 12:04 PM MDT