Active Now

Zack
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What is the quickest least painful way to be put to death? Though it sounds gruesome would it be a guillotine?

What is the quickest least painful way to be put to death? Though it sounds gruesome would it be a guillotine?

Posted - July 2, 2021

Responses

Guillotine would be one, for sure.
    Or an executioner's axe/sword, if they were professional. 
       The guillotine was basically invented to ensure a constant "clean cut", which wasn't happening with executioners.

A bullet to the head, as well.
    Or one of those "guns" they use to kill cattle, to the head.

Standing within a short distance of a nuclear explosion.
      July 2, 2021 11:23 AM MDT

We read about those state executions using injections that don't do the job quickly. I think it took almost an hour for one person to finally die and he was in agony. I read about that having happened a few years ago. Did you hear of it? I thought how awful a death that must have been. For these other ostensibly "more gruesome" methods at least you'd be dead before any pain set in and so it would seem to me to be more merciful. Thank you for your reply mdear. My dad passed away in his sleep. I always thought it was a reward for being a good man. That would be how I'd like to "go" but I'm not as good a person as my dad was so who knows? :)
      July 3, 2021 2:46 AM MDT

A shot to the head in the right spot with the right gun. You can't just go shooting anywhere around there or you'll suffer bigly. This post was edited by Zack at July 3, 2021 2:46 AM MDT
      July 2, 2021 12:04 PM MDT

During "The Troubles" in Ireland ... the IRA was fond of using small caliber pistols (.22 and .25) for assassinations.
    The round would have enough power to enter the skull, but not to exit.  
    So it would ricochet around inside the skull, shredding the brain.
      July 2, 2021 1:13 PM MDT

But it would take a marksman and how many people are that good Zack? I think no one should SUFFER even the most horrible evil people who inflict pain and suffering on others. I have said I believe in "an eye for an eye" and I do theoretically because it seems so fair. But actually I don't see what good it would do. Do you? My dad passed away in his sleep. I expect and hope it was painless. For me that would be my preferred way. It seems most gentle and kind. Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Saturday to thee and thine m'dear! :)
      July 3, 2021 2:49 AM MDT

Overdose on sleeping pills.
      July 2, 2021 12:48 PM MDT

So sleeping pills in great numbers is lethal? I did not know that. There is no pain? Or if there is it's temporary? I think some folks have been rushed to hospitals and had their stomachs pumped out which sounds exceedingly painful to me. Thank you for your reply O and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      July 3, 2021 2:51 AM MDT

If you are talking about executing really bad guys, why should death be quick and painless.
      July 2, 2021 4:39 PM MDT

Once again you question my question without answering it. That is not helpful at all yet you persist in doing it. What do you get out of it? I get nothing.
      July 3, 2021 2:35 AM MDT

OK, I don't have an answer. I am using the rules of the main section. Everyone accepts my sarcasm, just as I enjoy theirs. It must be lonely here. This post was edited by Element 99 at July 3, 2021 9:38 AM MDT
      July 3, 2021 9:36 AM MDT

Beheading even with a guillotine is very quick but thought from French executioners' observations not to be quite as quick and painless as believed. (Same, probably, for hanging even if the drop has been calculated accurately and the slip-knot - not the traditional "hangman's knot" - closes instantly.)

There are very few ways to kill a person, or any large animal, instantly and painlessly.
      July 3, 2021 2:01 PM MDT