Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A mug friend posits that if a trapped person heard rescuers it would help him/her stay alive longer. How much of an effect is being HOPEFUL?

A mug friend posits that if a trapped person heard rescuers it would help him/her stay alive longer. How much of an effect is being HOPEFUL?

How much longer can you hang on to life with hope? If you give up how much faster would you die? How long can you live on HOPE?

Posted - July 5, 2021

Responses

I think I could live on a spark of hope till my heart stops beating due to lack of water and nourishment.
      July 5, 2021 9:16 AM MDT

You're braver than I am Kg. Undoubtedly. I'm not a brave person physically by any means. I think maybe I am brave with words but I'm safe from harm where I am so I have nothing to lose. I have come through some hard times but I never was afraid. When I got the cancer diagnosis I never ONCE worried about it. I switched to STOIC and just followed everything the doctors told me to do. With a 15% chance of surviving 5 years I'm still here. The operation was in January 2008. I never cried. I never thought "woe is me". I have no idea why. That wasn't being brave at all. Nothing about it scared me. So maybe I have an inbred stoicism that will keep me hopeful? I just thought about that. You can't be brave if you don't face fear and you can't face fear of you aren't afraid. Right? Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 7, 2021 8:36 AM MDT