Active Now

Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » At first I didn't grasp her point. Now I do. Do you too?

At first I didn't grasp her point. Now I do. Do you too?

Dem pol Cori Bush sez that the 4th of July independence holiday only represents freedom for white people.

That shocked me but then I thought about it.

The Declaration of Independence was written at a time when the men in power OWNED OTHER PEOPLE..namely BLACK PEOPLE.

That was way back when they were considered to be 3/5 a person. Women did not have the vote. I don't know if they could even own any property.

So Happy July 4th for those who revere the past so much that are willing to KILL/MURDER to get back to it.

Posted - July 7, 2021

Responses

Just another way they are looking to divide this country.  They cannot win on policy issues.
      July 7, 2021 5:12 AM MDT

So, you dispute that the Declaration of Independence was written at a time when the white men in power owned Black slaves; that Blacks were considered to be 3/5 a person; that women did not have the vote? 
      July 7, 2021 9:52 AM MDT

:):):) You keep trying and trying and trying and trying. SIGH. Good luck with that m'dear.
      July 7, 2021 9:54 AM MDT

That is the only comment I'm making.  It's too hot to keep banging my head against the wall.
      July 7, 2021 10:09 AM MDT

Honest to goodness L your calm patience (I don't know what is going on inside you..you always play your cards very close to your vest) amazes me. I have learned not to read the entire exchanges though. It INFURIATES ME so there I am hanging from a thread. I just glance at the tip of it and think "that's my girl" and move on without reading any more. It's the best I can do and keep my sanity too! Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 7, 2021 1:02 PM MDT

I am saying Cori Bush's tweet was and is divisive. The tweet is the topic of this question. 

July 7, 2021 2:09 PM MDT