Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So far I see zero consequences to Russia for its cyber sabotage. If you were the American president WHAT CONSEQUENCES would you do?

So far I see zero consequences to Russia for its cyber sabotage. If you were the American president WHAT CONSEQUENCES would you do?

Posted - July 8, 2021

Responses

The general global public is unaware of the constant cyberwars ... so I don't doubt there has been numerous attempts, if not successes, to counter-attack Russian state-sponsored hackers.  But since we aren't in a declared war with Russia, and Russia tends not to report successful attacks on themselves, it's unlikely anybody outside a small group will hear of it.

The only reason our involvement in hacking the Iraq nuclear reactors came out, is because Israel leaked information about "their" attack on it.
      July 8, 2021 1:08 PM MDT

I watched/listened to some news yesterday Walt. That question was asked. Why aren't we doing anything about it? The harm the hacking the constant sabotaage from Russia. I don't remember who gave the answer but it was that a lot was going on "under the radar". We just aren't being informed about it. Now whether that's true or not how do we know? We're lied to so often by so many I can't keep up with it. Oh. I have a question for you that I'm going to ask. Which threat is greater to America? The outside attacks from foreign countries or the domestic terrorist insurrectionist? Which do you think will take us down first? Thank you for your reply Walt. I wish we knew what the he** is going on. Think we ever will? I'm going to ask. This post was edited by RosieG at July 9, 2021 8:51 AM MDT
      July 9, 2021 4:42 AM MDT