Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you parents want your children to be informed about the entire TRUE history of their country?

Do you parents want your children to be informed about the entire TRUE history of their country?

Or do you want what they are told to be restricted and the dark spots completely ignored?

Some parents not only PREFER but INSIST on it so that their children remain ignorant all their lives. Why? Obviously to control their view and force them into the same rigid partisan politics they live in. No wiggleroom. RIGID. STOLID. IGNORANT.

Really?

Posted - July 10, 2021

Responses

CRT does not belong in our schools.
      July 10, 2021 6:24 AM MDT

I think Canada would  be a better place if it's children were taught about some of Canadas horrible history like the residential schools and the forced Inuit migration. I know a guy that went to a  residential  school and the bones on the back of his hands stick up a inch or so - if he was made part of a history lesson and the children asked him what happend to his hands and he told them it was because the teachers and priest hit them with a rod nearly every day when he was a little kid because the schools motto was beat  the Indian out of the kids there might be less racisum in Canada. Cheers and happy weekend!
      July 10, 2021 8:10 AM MDT

Oh my goodness...oh my dear. That poor child. Is that other part also true Nanoose? A school motto..."beat the Indian out of the kids"? Oh my goodness...oh my dear. Maybe when the children are older...in high school. Grammar school kids....maybe they're still too young to handle that truth. I'm shivering and shuddering hearing it and we both know I'm a very old lady. In fact I'm trying not to tear up. Not your fault at all. I just "see" in my head what you describe. Thank you:( for that thoughtful and caring reply. Beyond that my friend I have no words.:(
      July 10, 2021 8:36 AM MDT

It was a unwritten motto but it is true and it is also true that well they were trying to beat the Indian out of the kids they figured they were doing them a favor because the kids would grow up and fit better in Canadian society if they were more white like by not speaking their native laugage or knowing their culture. Cheers and happy weekend!
      July 10, 2021 9:02 AM MDT

Well white americans did the same exact thing to indigenous people...the REAL americans...NATIVE AMERICANS.

At least Canada isn't political an extreme right-wing WHITE SUPREMACIST RACIST INSURRECTIONIST Country! You got two TRUDEAUS. We got a GUANO who won't let go and keeps inciting violence.

I dunno what to do about him. Except think very dark thoughts and refer to him as GUANO because we all know what I'm really calling him don't we? He is worse than. At least manure helps things grow. He destroys thing. Know what? There is a question there and I'm going to ask it. Stay tuned! Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      July 10, 2021 9:08 AM MDT