Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » BORED morning noon and night. Every day. Lives of quiet DESPERATION? How do you keep from getting bored? Some seem to ENJOY it. WHY?

BORED morning noon and night. Every day. Lives of quiet DESPERATION? How do you keep from getting bored? Some seem to ENJOY it. WHY?

Posted - July 10, 2021

Responses

I'm still working, albeit only part-time, but it keeps my mind in gear and when I'm not working, I read, I take a ride in my car, do a little shopping, watch something on TV that interests me and while watching, I crochet.  I'm comfortable in my own company and don't need a lot of outside stimulation to keep me from being bored.  
      July 10, 2021 7:43 AM MDT

Ditto. Thank you for your reply L. I think people who get bored are boring. No imagination or interests or curiosity. Lumps on a log waiting for someone/something to walk on by. They exist but barely!
      July 10, 2021 8:47 AM MDT

They wait for others to amuse them rather than being able to amuse themselves.  These are the people who cannot be by themselves for any length of time.  
      July 10, 2021 9:08 AM MDT

Some are totally terrified on their own alone. It's an emotional thing and maybe they're born with it. Those are the folks who will go out with slugs and spend time with folks they don't really like rather than stay home alone on any night ESPECIALLY on a Saturday night. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 13, 2021 7:42 AM MDT

I agree.  I think sometimes they are folks with low self-esteem.
      July 13, 2021 10:16 AM MDT

I have no idea what they are or suffer from. It just is so darn phony. Showing up, pretending, maybe even lying here and there now and then. All so they can "belong" or be "accepted". Sell your soul for THAT? Of course that presumes they have them. I doubt it. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 16, 2021 4:23 AM MDT
      July 15, 2021 1:47 PM MDT

I rarely get bored because I'm always seeking to learn something new every day. Whether some seem to enjoy being bored, I can't say because I don't know.
      July 10, 2021 7:43 AM MDT