Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you BRAVE enough CURIOUS enough and RICH enough to take passenger flights to Space? SPACE TOURISM begins. When do you plan to go?

Are you BRAVE enough CURIOUS enough and RICH enough to take passenger flights to Space? SPACE TOURISM begins. When do you plan to go?

Posted - July 12, 2021

Responses

An up-and-down trip?  It's just a higher-flying plane, and I'm not really curious about it.  

Maybe if it used an "elevator" or trip to a space station, it would be worth my time and money.

Or one of those pods where they use lasers to super-heat the air under it, blasting it to space ... and then it falls back down like a capsule.
    That would be like one of those fair "slingshot" rides, on steroids.
      July 12, 2021 2:34 PM MDT

The flight was described as going up "to the edge of space" whatever that means. It looked very scary to me and you know what I remember? That flight that blew up/exploded and killed the astronauts years ago? What guarantee is there that any flight will be safe? I know the incidence of plane crashes is relatively small and maybe the same will be true of upper space flights too. I'm curious but not if my life is at stake. It's odd. I have a fear of heights but in a plane I like a window seat. I think that's really weird.  Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      July 13, 2021 4:30 AM MDT