Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are there advantages to watching PODCASTS? Free or a monthly fee?

Are there advantages to watching PODCASTS? Free or a monthly fee?

Posted - July 14, 2021

Responses

Basically, a podcast is just any digital media that you download to your personal player.
    Example: A YouTube video becomes a podcast when you download it to a smartphone or iPod.

Some people make videos especially to be downloaded as a podcast, which mainly involves reducing the amount of memory the video uses.

At least, that's how it was explained to me.
      July 14, 2021 2:44 PM MDT

Thank you for the info Walt. I appreciate it. "Personal player"? I don't know what that is. I have never once visited YouTube. What does it offer that other sites don't? I've never visited lots of sites so I'm pretty ignorant after all these years on the internet. It's funny. I am not remotely curious about them. I have no idea why. Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      July 15, 2021 3:42 AM MDT

"Personal player" = whatever device the person chooses to download the media to.
    Think the modern versions of personal cassette players.  lol

YouTube is a website where people upload videos, usually for other people to watch.
    I like the ones where the dogs "talk" ... like Charlie the Golden Retreiver.
    Dog Thinks The House Is Too cold - Bing video
      July 15, 2021 7:02 AM MDT