Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Any new domesticated pets in your hood?

Any new domesticated pets in your hood?

My new neighbour  has one of those Dachshund  dogs.  It is way cute but kind of funny to watch because it is not the kind of dog you would normally see around here. I did notice it seems to have a keen sence of  smell/tracking skills so maybe it will fit in well around here (lot of hound dogs around here).  Cheers!

Posted - July 15, 2021

Responses

No.  However, we feed the deer in the woods so they leave the flowers alone in garden beds around the house. This post was edited by ONeg-84 at July 16, 2021 6:54 AM MDT
      July 15, 2021 7:48 PM MDT

The wild deer in the area I work at have less instinct than a poodle. Sad part is years ago the made a bi law that would give people a  fine if they fed the wild deer and the deer were pretty depending  on that food so they had a few hard years. Cheers!
      July 15, 2021 8:13 PM MDT

We put out corn meal for them, and they eat it up.
      July 15, 2021 8:18 PM MDT

Yeah I bet they love corn meal and I bet it is good for them. The corn meal  might even give you a bonus for your garden - worms love corn meal so you could gather a bunch of them up and put them in your flower beds. Worms are a great way to improve your soil. Cheers!
      July 15, 2021 8:26 PM MDT

I don't wear a hood, lol.
      July 15, 2021 8:37 PM MDT

Over the past few years, we have had numerous younger couples move in ours, and we often see them walking their dogs on our street.
      July 16, 2021 6:56 AM MDT

In the past year, we have had a substantial increase in dogs in the area.  I don't know whether these folks moved in with them or acquired them because Covid mandated they stay home and they wanted companionship.  If they clean up after them, I have no problem.  What I do object to is being awakened early every morning by one dog in particular barking it's fool head off.  
      July 16, 2021 8:35 AM MDT