Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you STREAM? What and why or why and what?

Do you STREAM? What and why or why and what?

Posted - July 16, 2021

Responses

Honestly, I don't even know what it means. So I guess no.
      July 16, 2021 10:16 AM MDT

Thanks.
      July 16, 2021 10:47 AM MDT

Yes. 
    I stream TV (Disney+, Amazon Video, Pluto TV, and a bunch of free services).

Stream - "transmit or receive data (especially video and audio material) over the internet as a steady, continuous flow."

I use a Roku to stream.  My smart TV is so old that it can no longer be updated.  Last year I was able to get access to free Disney+ for a year, but smart TV couldn't access it.  So I got an inexpensive Roku device, plugged it into the TV's USB port and now I have access to lots of streaming content.

I watch things like The Andy Griffith Show, My Favorite Martian, The Mentalist, Chuck, House, MacGyver (original), Stargate, as well as news and a bunch of movies.
      July 16, 2021 3:14 PM MDT

Why would you pay to watch a bunch of reruns?
      July 16, 2021 4:09 PM MDT

The crap they show on TV today isn't worth watching.  Most of it is utterly offensive - sex, homosexuality, violence/ ultra violent, bad language, perversion...  (and people wonder why the world is so bad).  The worst part is many people (especially the younger generations) see nothing wrong with it.
      July 16, 2021 6:16 PM MDT

I have some favs that aren't as extreme as your model. SVU, NCIS, the three Chicago shows and others are quite watchable by anyone.
      July 17, 2021 8:46 AM MDT