Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is FANATICISM ever an engine driving GOOD? Or are all fanatics an engine for BAD?

Is FANATICISM ever an engine driving GOOD? Or are all fanatics an engine for BAD?

FANATIC

A person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal as in RELIGION or POLITICS

FANATICAL

Pertaining to a temple inspired by ORGIASTIC RITES. FRANTIC

FRANTIC

Desperate or wild with excitemant, passion, fear, pain, etc.; FRENZIED
Insane;mad

FRENZIED

Wildly excited or enthusiastic
VIOLENTLY agitated; frantic; wild

Posted - July 16, 2021

Responses

I believe fanatics of all stripes are extremists and I believe moderation is the ideal that should be more sought after.  
      July 16, 2021 8:58 AM MDT

Moderation is for fence sitters. Isn't there anything you are ALL IN for L? I'm ALL IN for democracy honesty honor truth. Aren't you? Moderation in those things? Why? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 16, 2021 11:44 AM MDT
      July 16, 2021 10:52 AM MDT

Yes, I'm all in for the things you've mentioned, but there are issues that I see in one way and others see differently - either of them being all right or all wrong.  What may be good for me may not be for someone else.  The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is abortion.  Being pro-choice, which I am, is not being pro-abortion.  It just means that if a woman thinks that's the best course for her to take, she should be able to do it without it being criminal or having to go back alley and possibly die from it.
      July 16, 2021 11:46 AM MDT

I think we have a right to out bodies. NOT THE STATE or some religious nut. Letting the state tell me what I can and cannot do with my body? WHITE OLD MEN especially? That is insufferable and unconscionable. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 19, 2021 4:47 AM MDT

We have to right tp our bodies.....but some believe I should be forced to put an newly developed vaccine into MY body. 
      July 19, 2021 6:13 AM MDT

I agree.
      July 19, 2021 6:27 AM MDT

:):):)
      July 19, 2021 7:24 AM MDT