Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » 21 years of drought? Cattle ranchers are in dire straights. No water to give cattle. Prices are plummeting. Is there a BOTTOM?

21 years of drought? Cattle ranchers are in dire straights. No water to give cattle. Prices are plummeting. Is there a BOTTOM?

Posted - July 16, 2021

Responses

We used to think there was, but once we got close to it we found out it was on fire.
      July 16, 2021 2:08 PM MDT

It shocked me to learn that because it never occurred to me that so many businesses depend in one way or another on access to water. If there is a solution other than rain I can't think of it can you Shuhak? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 17, 2021 1:57 PM MDT
      July 17, 2021 2:37 AM MDT

Sadly, for the farmers, there may well be, and it's called bankruptcy. I hope it never gets that far but also I hope the animals don't suffer too much.
      July 16, 2021 5:17 PM MDT

It never occurred to me how much so many businesses and jobs RELY on access to ample water. I don't keep up with the price of cattle but the ranchers are getting out at a loss. If there is any light to this tunnel we're in it is far off and will take a very long time to reach. It's nightmarish. Thank you for your reply Durdle! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 17, 2021 4:58 PM MDT
      July 17, 2021 2:34 AM MDT