Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » China's carbon neutrality date is 2060. What carbon neutrality date does your country have? What are the odds of its being met?

China's carbon neutrality date is 2060. What carbon neutrality date does your country have? What are the odds of its being met?

Posted - July 17, 2021

Responses

I think it's meant to be 2050 in the UK but we seem led by knee-jerk reactions and a desperate rush to meet such dates without really thinking it through or analysing all the problems it will bring in its wake.

2025 - end of fitting natural-gas supplies to new homes, and gas-fired heating boilers in them.

2030 - end of sales of new cars and light vans powered by petrol and diesel. I am not sure, but I think the same date applies to hybrid cars too.

2040 - This may be the end year for selling new heavy goods vehicles ...

.... in the UK

Replacing existing gas-boilers, and buying 2nd-hand i.c.-engined cars will still be allowed.
      July 17, 2021 5:20 PM MDT

Oh my goodness Durdle! Your country REALLY DOES HAVE A PLAN. I'm pretty sure that means "they" are serious. Now being able to implement/effect according to a timetable might be very difficult to do. BUT AT LEAST YOU HAVE ONE. As for the US we might have had or might have one but with the evil swine  GUANOHEADS working underneath it all I don't have much hope for its ever coming true. I think Joe is a very good tryer. I think he means well and will do well but he can't do it alone on his own. He will need cooperation from EVERYONE and we both know that won't happen. How much harm the "opposition" will do to everything that is necessary I don't know but it will be on the order of what they are doing to our VOTING RIGHTS. Which is not good. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      July 18, 2021 4:08 AM MDT