Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Drug OD increased 29% in 2020 over 2019. The Pandemic is blamed for it. I blame the addict. Making things worse was THEIR doing. Mourning?

Drug OD increased 29% in 2020 over 2019. The Pandemic is blamed for it. I blame the addict. Making things worse was THEIR doing. Mourning?

What for? Instead of trying to help out or help what did they do? Take the coward's way out. Mourning? Not even close.

Why are some so weak and some so strong? Why do some go out of their way to EXACERBATE rather then mitigate or ameliorate?

The weak links in the chain of life. So much for their lives. They valued them not at all . Why would you?

Posted - July 18, 2021

Responses

So much for the trillions of dollars we've sunk into the War on Drugs.  For some who took drugs like Oxycodone for pain after an injury or surgery and got hooked on it unknowingly, I feel sorry for them.  For those who take them willingly and overdose, oh well ...
      July 18, 2021 1:13 PM MDT

The rich family who became OBSCENELY wealthy on selling oxycontin or oxy something they got nailed with lawsuits and have to a lot of money. I don't know for sure if its billions or hundreds of millions. Imagine KNOWING that what you are getting rich off of can harm the people who buy it and use it? They care not that what they produce caused addictions and deaths. Until they were caught. No mea culpa I'm sure. What is wrong with people like that? They're not normal people. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 19, 2021 4:31 AM MDT

I agree that these are disgusting people who never should have gotten away with what they have done.  Paying millions of dollars doesn't make the people who suffered and died whole again.  Doctors who prescribe such meds and not without blame either.  
      July 19, 2021 6:33 AM MDT

True. Vile vermin are everywhere where money is to be made. It has to be at someone's expense and always is. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 19, 2021 7:23 AM MDT

Over 93,000 deaths last year from drug OD. Culling of the herd.
      July 18, 2021 4:55 PM MDT