Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Western States on HIGH ALERT due to multiple fires. Europe flooded. Florida Condo collapse. Covid Surging.. Masscres continue. What's New?

Western States on HIGH ALERT due to multiple fires. Europe flooded. Florida Condo collapse. Covid Surging.. Masscres continue. What's New?

Posted - July 18, 2021

Responses

It's npot "Europe" that's flooded but a relatively small area of Germany and Belgium. Though with terrible loss of life and destruction of homes.

The Florida building collapse has slipped from the News lately. The last reports seem to have been the demolition of what was left of the building; but I don't know what else has happened there.

Meanwhile in the UK the Public Inquiry into the Grenfell Tower fire disaster continues, slowly, not reported on so much. (It was probably considerably hampered by the pandemic.) As do the arguments over who pays for remedial work on other tall blocks of flats with the same external cladding material.  The developers and property owners want the tenants to pay the huge bills, and the politicians seem unable or unwilling to bang their heads together and say, "NO - You built them and own them. You pay. And you do not pass the costs on to the rents or leases!"

Any sign of the heat-wave and droughts subsiding yet? Thjey are having big forest fires in Siberia too. (Siberia has short but very hot Summers.)
      July 18, 2021 2:55 PM MDT

To answer your question first. I see no signs of fires(danger thereof) and extreme heat subsiding. Now on to your first few words. I am aware of the FACTS Durdle. I use hyperbole, take artistic license to make a point. Germany/belgium today. Tomorrow? But what you chose to start with was to make correct an assertion. Was it because you really didn't know I knew? At any rate everywhere that is anywhere or somewhere is or will be suffering from something. All at once or sequential the damage will be done. The deaths will occur. In what areas do we have any power or control to change things? We have to KNOW that first before we can do anything. "It was the best of times it was the worst of times". What areas do you suppose was being referred to? Artistic license methinks to make a point. Charles Dickens used it. Many authors use it. Also..."suspension of disbelief". The audience has to cooperate or the point is lost. Which is easier? Cooperate with fact or fantasy? Is it a draw? I've yet to come to a conclusion about that. I think it was our beloved Democrat Tip O'Neil who said "you have a right to your own opinions but not to your own facts". That is what we are dealing with in america today. 24 hours a day. Fighting the "facts" being promulgated all of which are LIES. People embrace the lies and act upon them. What are we to do? America is on fire. Not literally everywhere but figuratively certainly. How do you fight figurative? I don't know. I just fight and hope it matters. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 19, 2021 4:25 AM MDT
      July 19, 2021 4:23 AM MDT

It almost seems as if "everywhere" we turn someone somewhere is suffereing from droughts and fires, storms and floods. It's not of course as widespread as that but still represents huge losses of forest, property and lives in many countries.

Your country's figurative fires though seem far harder to deal with than the physical disasters. You know that sooner or later the weather will break, the fires will die down; but is there much hope for the divisions and bitterness in society to heal?
      July 21, 2021 4:44 PM MDT