Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » First most recently FLOODS Germany/Belgium. Now currently Floods in China displacing 1.2 Million people. Which country will be number 3?

First most recently FLOODS Germany/Belgium. Now currently Floods in China displacing 1.2 Million people. Which country will be number 3?

Third time's the charm
Three strikes and you're out?

Where next will devastating floods hit?

Posted - July 21, 2021

Responses

California... let it be California... come on, let it be California!  
      July 21, 2021 12:13 PM MDT

Boy am I ever dumb! PERFECT REPLY! That would be awesome but how many would die since we're not used to dealing with tons and tons and tons of water? Well I'd settle for heavy rains every week. Say a couple of inches. How long before we'd be out of drought? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Then of course there'd be mudslides. What happens if an earthquakes happen right after a heavy downpour? Is it better or worse to be dry as a bone when an earthquake hits? I'll ask. :)
      July 22, 2021 3:40 AM MDT

While flooding rains would cause  slides in burn areas, it would also put out the monster fires we have now.  A few slides in remote areas verses numerous houses, towns, and miles of forest burned up.... the choice is easy.

We had drought-busting weather back in 2017 (at least up here).   They said it take years to erase the current drought (back then), but it was erased in just a few months.  Yes, there was a price to be paid for it - downed trees, landslides, sinkholes, flooding, closed/damaged roads (highway 1, I-80, US-50, as well as many backroads), and a breaking dam.

People want the weather to always be fair so they can do things.  But there's a price to be paid for constant fair weather - no rain.
    People want the weather to be continuously warn warm (not hot).  But there's a price to be paid for constant warm weather - no snow.

When it rains, people complain - "why does it always have to rain!"  When it doesn't rain, people complain "we need rain".
    When it snows, people complain - "I hate snow!"  Yet when it doesn't snow, they complain "how come there's no water in the reservoirs for my boat".
    When it's hot, people complain.  When it's cold, people complain.   When it's cloudy, people complain.  When its sunny, people complain.

This post was edited by Shuhak at July 23, 2021 6:11 AM MDT
      July 22, 2021 12:14 PM MDT

Lemme guess. You're saying people are born COMPLAINERS no matter what its about. They complain with yes and no. They complain with dark or light. They compain with good or bad. They complain with truth or lies. No matter what they will complain. Is that the glue of homo sapien existence?

COMPLAINING? Gonna ask. Thank you for your reply Shuhak.
      July 23, 2021 6:13 AM MDT

Yes I am.  Whatever happens, they don't like it.  Of course, sometimes it's not the same people who complain about the same thing.
      July 23, 2021 12:05 PM MDT

Maybe among the things that draws people together is COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SAME THINGS. It binds them and bonds them. I know I'm drawn to all anti-Guanos and repelled by all pro-Guanos. That is a big huge something I cannot tolerate so I don't! Maybe sharing the same complaints is a stronger bond than sharing the same delights? I have to think about that. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      July 24, 2021 3:09 AM MDT