Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » GENIUS. Are we ordinary typical "normal" folks more apt to admire it, fear it or envy it?

GENIUS. Are we ordinary typical "normal" folks more apt to admire it, fear it or envy it?

Posted - July 22, 2021

Responses

I really don't know how others feel about me. There is nothing to fear, though.
      July 22, 2021 10:57 AM MDT

As everyone knows who pays any attention to me I am drawn to people SMARTER than I am and so I am a snob in that regard. I'm here to learn and you cannot learn anything from stupid people so I avoid them. Genius draws me in like a magnet. My son is one so he was my first exposure to genius to my knowledge. It's very appealing to have your child outthink you outcomprehend you and outdo you. Who doesn't want that? Thank you for your reply. I do think though that genius pays a price one way or another. Sometimes they are suicides. Long ago my best friend Pat told me about her brother..a genius who committed suicide before I met her. I always remembered that. Why he did I don't know but I think it must be VERY LONELY to have few people to talk to who understand you. I'm happy with where I am. No genius but no slouch either. It suits me. I'm lucky. Are you lucky E? Do you view yourself as being lucky? I shall ask. This post was edited by RosieG at July 26, 2021 7:07 AM MDT
      July 26, 2021 4:44 AM MDT

My son is also a genius. His standards were so high when he pursued a teaching career, that he was asked to resign from two schools as too many of his students failed. He also failed his internship with Toledo Public as he could not handle the inner city kids. His failures tore him up and now he is a stay-at-home dad with four college degrees.
      July 26, 2021 7:12 AM MDT

Doesn't sound like a genius to me if he can't hold a job.
      July 26, 2021 7:15 AM MDT

He's too smart. But I get what you are saying.
      July 26, 2021 7:17 AM MDT

That is ABSURD but typical. Set high standards. When people can't meet them LOWER THEM or do away with them entirely. That is the way of the world. Not that we should WORK HARDER to meet the standards. Oh no! That would never do. Just lower the standards so folks won't experience failure to meet them. I CAHN'T STEND IT! What kind of cockamamie bullsh** is that? Setting that aside is your son content with how things went? I see NOTHING WRONG with what he did. I ADMIRE people who set high standards for others to try to meet. MY GAWD no wonder the world is in such bad shape. Well here comes a riff on it E. Really that is among the most ABSURD things I've ever heard. Thank you for your reply. Here goes.
      August 2, 2021 2:16 AM MDT

I never know how people will react.
      July 26, 2021 7:16 AM MDT

Bummer, isn't it?
      July 26, 2021 7:17 AM MDT

Indeed.
      July 26, 2021 7:37 AM MDT