Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Political "leanings" require INDOCTRINATION. My parents indoctriated me. Who did you get indoctrinated by?

Political "leanings" require INDOCTRINATION. My parents indoctriated me. Who did you get indoctrinated by?

Did anyone try to get their hands on you to REFORM you? Did they?

Posted - July 22, 2021

Responses

Political leaning require knowing your opinions on the issues and knowing which party generally supports the same positions you do. 
      July 22, 2021 6:29 AM MDT

But your opinions on issues are generally influenced by what you are taught by your parents, teachers, church when you are growing up.
    Very few people overcome those teachings, even if they are wrong.

It's similar to growing up in an abusive home. 
    You believe that is "normal", and are more likely to be abusive as an adult.
      July 22, 2021 7:27 AM MDT

:):):)
      July 22, 2021 7:37 AM MDT

True. In my home, I was not taught anything about politics. The most I was.told was "Dems are for the poor and Reps are for the rich."  I knew my parents voted for more Dems than Reps generally. 

My first vote was for a Dem. (Clinton) As I paid.more attention to the issues I leaned that I leaned to the right on most issues. And from what I knew of my parents positions they should as well.  

They truly did not vote on issues then. That has changed in the years. After I told them I was a Rep. Not really my doing. My daughter shared on FB the link to the isidewith.com quiz. And it really opened their eyes.   Trump was the first Rep that I know of that they voted for....so who "indoctrinated" who politically? I don't know. 
      July 22, 2021 8:34 AM MDT