Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » WHAT COLOR WAS JESUS? "He had brown eyes, dark brown to black hair and olive BROWN skin. WHITE he wasn't! Got a problem with that?

WHAT COLOR WAS JESUS? "He had brown eyes, dark brown to black hair and olive BROWN skin. WHITE he wasn't! Got a problem with that?

Posted - July 24, 2021

Responses

We do not know color of eyes/hair while He was on earth. Bible does not tell us. 

The Bible tells us His skin was "burnt bronze" and His hair will be white when He returns. 

No, I no problem with Jesus' color.....Yeshua is my Lord and Savior. 
      July 24, 2021 9:56 AM MDT

While we don't know the exact color of Jesus' hair or eyes, we do know that He was plain and ordinary looking (compared to everyone else living in that area at that time).  So much so that He was able to blend in with the crowd.  - "Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and left the temple." - John 8:59 

In prophecy, Isaiah said - "There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, nothing to attract us to him." - Isaiah 53:2

The white european many picture as "jesus" is simply an artists rendition.  
      July 24, 2021 2:12 PM MDT

You know m'dear how some people just ooze goodness and draw you to them? I think JESUS was that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Surely you've met ordinary-looking folks whom you got to know well and liked very much. Did they not seem very handsome/beautiful to you? My point is outward appearance measured by beauty/handsome is not all there is. I think those who were in the presence of JESUS would know HE was something special. Of course I have no proof of it but when HE spoke on mountainsides people stopped to listen. Loving goodness and caring is what I think of and that is communicated in ways beyond appearance. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 25, 2021 10:39 AM MDT
      July 25, 2021 3:56 AM MDT

We live in a world that measures a person's worth by their appearance and/or bank account.  If one doesn't measure up to these "standards", then they're nothing.  Had Jesus been handsome or rich, people would have came to Him for the wrong reasons.  Those who were in His presence WERE "wowed" by Him.  Not by His looks, but by the things He said and did.  "The crowds were amazed at his teaching.  That’s because he taught like one who had authority. He did not speak like their teachers of the law." - Matthew 7:28-29).  He was/is more than "something special", He is God.  When we see Jesus, we see God.  Not His outward appearance, but Himself.
      July 25, 2021 11:04 AM MDT

You've heard the saying "when the student is ready the teacher arrives." Well in the days of Jesus the students were more than ready. Today the JESUS LOVING pretenders are despicable blasphemous mongrels. They are also stupid dumbs. Perfect to be surrounded by engulfed by and led by. The GUANO loves his stupid dumbs. They have given him to power he lusted after. His stupid dumbs love him. His lies succor them. Suckers all of them.
      July 26, 2021 4:13 AM MDT

There were many "Jesus loving pretenders" when Jesus was here.  They pretend to "love" Him, but in reality all they wanted was to see Him do a miracle (amuse them).
      July 26, 2021 11:11 AM MDT

Well we KNOW FOR SURE EVANGELICALS are all pretenders. They fake it as they really worship GUANO. You cannot love GOD and JESUS and also GUANO. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Wednesday! :)
      July 28, 2021 2:52 AM MDT

Of course not. Why would anyone have a problem with that?
      July 25, 2021 11:45 AM MDT

• It is likely that Jesus resembled the people who live in today's Syria, Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, etc.  
      July 25, 2021 5:11 PM MDT