Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Which requires MORE thought? Asking a question or answering it?

Which requires MORE thought? Asking a question or answering it?

In the Asking a subject is provided

In the Answering responses attendant thereto are triggered.

No questioning nothing to answer

Which came first...chicken or egg?

But sometimes or often the reply response answer ELEVATES and DIMENSIONALIZES the question making it far more than it was originally.

Maybe it's a draw.

Posted - July 25, 2021

Responses

Asking a question. 

People don't usually blurt out genuine questions.  If they do, then it's not really a true question, but a statement (despite any grammatical punctuation).  To ask a question takes thought.  What do I want to Ask? (form the question) Why do I want to ask it? (do I really ant to know?) What will I do with the answer(s) I get (if any)?  Is that answer practicable, or does it sound like utter nonsense?  (who's to say if  the one answering actually knows the right answer).

If I were to ask you. "how much is 2+2?", how much thought would you put into answering?  MOre than likely not much.  Why?  BEcause you know the answer.  If you didn't know how to repot a plant and asked me how to do it, I wouldn't have to give much thought to my answer as I know how to repot a plant. I'm simply imparting my existing knowledge to you.  You , on the other hand, What do I want to Ask?  Why do I want to ask it?  What will I do with the answer(s) I get (if any)?  Is the answer I get practicable, or does it sound like utter nonsense?
      July 25, 2021 3:56 PM MDT

That isn't how it works for me m'dear. I never have to think of what to ask. In fact I put no thought in it. My brain is constantly flooded with questions that I take no credit for. I can't. They just appear arrive and stay until I ask them away. And in the asking when I get replies more questions again flood my brain from what I read in the various threads. Self-propagating never ending ceaseless endless. Something shows up out of the blue. Connections occur to me and I ask if they occur to others too. I don't know why. I'd like to take credit for creativity but I can't but it's not any conscious thought that goes into it. Maybe on the subconscious level but I can't know that. I've never had to try to think up questions. They always just flowed but it is accelerating. As if there is less time so I have to cram in more questions. Thank you for your thoughtful analysis. I wish it were that way but for some reason I don't have to lift a finger as it were. They just show up! :)
      July 26, 2021 3:18 AM MDT