Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If your political beliefs could cause your death would you stick by them even if it LITERALLY killed you? Why?

If your political beliefs could cause your death would you stick by them even if it LITERALLY killed you? Why?

Posted - July 26, 2021

Responses

If by political beliefs you mean party affiliation then I can say I have no "political" beliefs. Political affiliation or political ideology has nothing to do with how I vote. What I do in the voting booth is based upon where the political candidates stand on the issues regarding the health and continuation of our Constitutional Republic and the freedoms and rights that come with it. And on other issues that are important to me personally.
      July 26, 2021 10:49 AM MDT

It depends on the method of death.

If it's instant, or pretty quick - yes.
    I don't have a fear of death.

If there's torture involved - no.
    I can't stand pain.  Just show me the torture instruments, and I'll do whatever you want.  No need to use them.
      July 26, 2021 2:14 PM MDT

Me too m'dear. I've seen those movies with the torture instruments on a pan sitting there waiting to be used. I wonder how much pain one can take before simply passing out from it? Also I've read as I'm sure you have some people GET OFF ON TORTURING others. They want to see the fear and pain. What manner of monster is that? Are they born that way? Did something their experienced in their lives make them that way. Someone once said "nothing human alienates me" or words to that effect. When I read that I think I don't want t be around anyone who says/believes that. Much that is human alienates me! Thank you for your reply. So I guess I'm going to ask about it! :)
      July 27, 2021 3:34 AM MDT