Active Now

RebeccaSJ
Spunky
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY! It's currently RAINING in Hemet, California and has been for about an hour. Anything you want to HOORAY about today?

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY! It's currently RAINING in Hemet, California and has been for about an hour. Anything you want to HOORAY about today?

Posted - July 26, 2021

Responses

Oh, that's good news!

Is the heatwave beginning to disperse generally? What's the present state of the forest-fires?
      July 26, 2021 3:16 PM MDT

Sadly it only lasted a few hours. But it was good strong rain and better than nothing. Today's high is predicted to be 97 and the rest of the week also in the high 90's. Every morning I check the 8-day forecast for Jim. As for the fires they are once again devastating and growing.  Both our Mug friend Shuhak and my sister are near very bad fires. He lives in northern California and she lives in Carson City, Nevada and on a map they are almost at the same geographical location in their state. You can draw a line bwteen them and it is almost straight. They are hundreds of miles apart of course but the air for both is terrible. This is the just the beginning and I fear it will be worse this year. So far in southern California we have had some fires but nothing near enough to Hemet to affect our air. What about where you live Durdle? Does you air ever become hard to breathe/dangerous due to anything or being near the sea you are protected from that? Any forests near you? Thank you for your reply m'dear. I doubt that any country anywhere is going to have an easy time of it. Whether due to the weather or disease or political upheaval. We're all "in for it" in one way or another! I shall ask. :( This post was edited by RosieG at July 27, 2021 2:40 AM MDT
      July 27, 2021 2:38 AM MDT