Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think every country everywhere is "in for it" this year. Whether due to weather or disease or political upheaval. Are you prepared?

I think every country everywhere is "in for it" this year. Whether due to weather or disease or political upheaval. Are you prepared?

Posted - July 27, 2021

Responses

My wife and I have an ongoing discussion about that. I fear the worst. Even Iran is in upheaval. Floods, fires, unrest, COVID etc. All we need now is a plague of locusts.
      July 27, 2021 1:30 PM MDT

Me too E. Ditto. I fear the worst because of what is being allowed to happen over which we used to have control. Weatherwise we can't control it. We were warned decades ago but well people only care about making money at any cost. So here we are with regard to that. We could use some luck but you can't ever count on luck. Does Pat agree with you? Are you on the same page? Jim and I are. I'm the one who fills in the details when we see things on TV he'll ask about it. I usually can give him an answer because I have a lot more time to invest in keeping up. I don't know if it would be better if one of us were very hopeful positive certain that things would get better. There is nothing to argue about. Do you and Pat argue about politics? If that's too nosy a question don't answer. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      July 28, 2021 2:09 AM MDT

We are on the same page.
      July 28, 2021 7:22 AM MDT

Good to know. Thank you for your reply.
      July 28, 2021 7:23 AM MDT

Unusually bad weather?  I live on a gently sloping hill so not prone to flooding, but drought would be the serious concern.

Political upheaval? No - we grumble and moan that none of 'em of any party have a clue but we don't stop to ask if any we grumblers would be any better. Instead, on the whole we sigh and get on with life. 

Disease.... Well, as the last 18 months have shown,  can anyone be sure we won't go through future, and perhaps worse, pandemics?
      July 27, 2021 3:07 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply to each point in my question Durdle. Starting with the last one I see worse ahead too. The intractables will not change. They will slowly die out but also they are having children who will be exactly like them. A perpetuation of perfidy perversion putrification. To them it will be heaven. All the GUANO water carriers. What binds them? RACISM. HATE for all non-white. That is evident and the officers who testified under oath yesterday are perfect evidence of it. Raging rabid RACISTS adore GUANO because he has always been a RACIST. They have been brought up out of the slime and scum by GUANO. That there are so many of them is shocking to me. Are you shocked too? With regard to political upheaval at least no one is restricting YOUR right to vote as is occurring here. And your weather is undoubtedly better than ours. Happy Wednesday to thee and thine Durdle! :)
      July 28, 2021 1:57 AM MDT

Hmmm. I think it's going to take a long time and lot of effort. What you have there are deeply-ingrained social attitudes that won't fade easily.
      July 28, 2021 2:35 PM MDT

I think they are inherent and in the DNA and will never ever fade away. RACISTS live and breathe and hate. I don't know who the first RACIST was but worldwide there are probably billions of them. It will never fade. It is what they are. Sadly. Thank you for your reply Durdle. Of course America isn't their only habitat. It's just that GUANO is so profanely loud and obnoxious as are his adoring worshippers. I expect everywhere and anywhere they exists in pods. :(
      July 29, 2021 2:25 AM MDT

I'm more than prepared. I live a self sufficient life. I hunt, fish, grow my own food, and own some livestock. I homestead deep in the woods of Kentucky, make my own moonshine and I have a well stocked machine shop, a saw mill, and a small blacksmith shop. I can and do make what I need from nails to horseshoes to gun parts, and even complete guns. What kind of guns? That's none of your business. 

People know not to come around here with ill intents, besides owning guns, I also have a back hoe that can dig deep holes, or I'll just leave them lay for the wild hogs and black bears. 

Unlike the Biden cow paddies, I'm way ahead of the game. 
      July 29, 2021 3:05 AM MDT