Active Now

Slartibartfast
DannyPetti
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Did you ever take any music lessons? Piano violin cello flute harp drums horns other? Do you still play?

Did you ever take any music lessons? Piano violin cello flute harp drums horns other? Do you still play?

Posted - July 28, 2021

Responses

I took a few trumpet lessons in middle school (band), but that didn't last long.
    My mom tried to teach me piano.  But much like with typing, I wasn't coordinated enough to catch on.  I can paly some things, but only with one finger.  As for reading music, I'm good with shape notes, but it takes me a bit longer to decipher other music - and if its complicated, forget it!
    Because mom used a real piano to teach, I'm better on a real piano than I am on a keyboard.
      July 28, 2021 1:30 PM MDT

Somewhere along the line I'm pretty sure I told you I took piano lessons from age 8-12. I enjoyed it. I did not enjoy the recitals. They terrified me. I remember my first one...FEURE ELISE was what I had to play or something like that. I managed to survive it. But later on I rented a piano and with sheet music would play at times. In fact I remember going home after work (after a divorce), having a glass of wine and playing for about half an hour or so to unwind. Then I'd go in the kitchen and fix something to eat. It was a nice way to end my day. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 29, 2021 3:10 PM MDT
      July 29, 2021 4:40 AM MDT