Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you ever worry about what will happen to you if your money runs out before you do? Any PLAN B?

Do you ever worry about what will happen to you if your money runs out before you do? Any PLAN B?

Posted - July 29, 2021

Responses

Plan B...it won't.
      July 29, 2021 8:31 AM MDT

Goodl Glad am I. Thank you for your reply.
      July 29, 2021 10:23 AM MDT

• We have Plan B and more.  We're good.   We're always lived within our means and that has continued into retirement.  
    I feel sorry for young people who aren't planning ahead.  It's great to live for today .. but you absolutely have to plan for the future as well.
    Good question Rosie!
      July 29, 2021 11:00 AM MDT

I wish my son had thought of that. 4 college degrees, no job and no plans. And he hasn't paid into SS. This post was edited by Element 99 at July 29, 2021 12:44 PM MDT
      July 29, 2021 12:20 PM MDT

• That's a shame.  But he's certainly not alone in that.  Young people just don't get and keep jobs like we did.  No one is going to have pensions and probably not SS either.  I worry about what the future holds for them.  
      July 29, 2021 12:48 PM MDT

Me too. His wife's parents wanted her to divorce him.
      July 29, 2021 1:40 PM MDT

Thank you for the compliment my dear friend. We live within our means too. It give us peace of mind to know whatever we have we can afford. That no one will be calling us due to past-due unpaid invoices. Our credit rating is very high. That is like a reputation. The cleaner the better! Happy Friday to thee and thine B! Yesterday it got up to 109 in Hemet! AARRGGHH! I trust your weather in Virginia is better!
      July 30, 2021 3:56 AM MDT

• Our credit rating has been excellent for years too Rosie.  We keep a close eye on it.  It is so nice to have that kind of peace of mind!  
    WOW ... 109!  That's really toasty!  Hope you and Jim can stay cool.  We've been in the 80's and some 90's here.  Our A/C has been doing a great job!
      July 30, 2021 4:44 AM MDT

Boy what would we do without it B? As a little girl we didn't have air conditioning. We had fans and we lived in a house that was stucco or something. It stayed fairly cool in the summer and I don't remember such high temps as we have today.  Long ago as a single mom whose ex didn't pay the child support I remember once I had $5 left in my checking account until payday. That was as close as I ever got to being down and out. But we survived it. I remember when my son was 12 I asked him if we should take his dad to court to force him to make the monthly payments he wasn't doing. He said "no mom. We're doing just fine." I never regretted following his wishes. Gosh B that was so long ago. My son will be 56 next February! WHERE DID THE TIME GO? Thank you for your reply! It's so nice to see you here for however long you have the time.Muy Bueno! :)
      July 30, 2021 5:26 AM MDT