Discussion » Questions » Family » A wishing will.. would you donate all your possessions to charity and leave your heirs list of things you wish for instead of giving away?

A wishing will.. would you donate all your possessions to charity and leave your heirs list of things you wish for instead of giving away?

Eg.. For my dear son Jeremy I wish you would soon get off your butt and find yourself a good job.
Etc..

Posted - July 31, 2021

Responses

Fortunately, my "heirs" are well-settled and able to manage on their own financially.  However, I would definitely leave them my worldly possessions and any money I have when I die.  I would not leave my entire estate to a charity no matter how worthy.
      July 31, 2021 9:02 AM MDT

• When we die, everything we own will be inherited by our son.  He is a very giving person who has several charities he donates to.  He's very comfortable financially already, so whatever he decides to do with that inheritance will be completely up to his discretion.

July 31, 2021 9:23 AM MDT

I can't imagine doing that, no. My children are both essentially generous and good people. 
      July 31, 2021 10:02 AM MDT