Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Why aren't more republicans stepping up to speak up to PROTECT VOTING RIGHTS"? Dam* good question. How do you answer it?

"Why aren't more republicans stepping up to speak up to PROTECT VOTING RIGHTS"? Dam* good question. How do you answer it?

Former republican prez candidate CARLY FIORINO is the one who asks it.

Posted - August 1, 2021

Responses

Everyone should have to show ID to vote. With everything we do comes responsibility. And if we decide to excercise our right to vote we have the responsibility to show proper ID, register to vote, and vote on time, where we are assigned to vote.
      August 1, 2021 9:58 AM MDT

Good answer. :)
      August 1, 2021 1:58 PM MDT

• We've always had to show our ID when voting in IL and now in VA.  We've also had to be currently registered to vote.  They checked us off lists they had before giving us a ballot.

August 1, 2021 3:22 PM MDT

Same for me. I also voted in southern IL and MO.  Have always been asked for ID and checked off on the register in my precint. 

One the supposed voter suppression laws they are complaining about is being required to vote in your assigned precinct.  
    They also want vote harvesting. 
      August 1, 2021 6:58 PM MDT

• I remember only being allowed to vote where we're registered ... not a problem for me.  
    Not sure how I feel about vote harvesting.  It could help people who have a problem getting out to vote .. but it could also be a field day for "scammers".
    Because of COVID (and a nosy neighbor who works at the polls), we do absentee voting.  In the last election ... we personally dropped off our ballots at the county voter registration office .. just to make sure they got where they needed to go to be counted.
      August 2, 2021 2:28 AM MDT

I do not like vote harvesting.   Field day for fraud. And voter intimidation.  Party can look up if you voted and show up at your house with your ballot.  "Help" you vote
     Then just throw it out if they know you voted for the other party.  

I am fine with absentee ballot....with ID. And where you have to request the ballot.  Not just mailing out ballots.  Then have to be returned on or before election day. 

And early voting again with ID is good as well. 
      August 2, 2021 5:30 AM MDT

• I agree about always having to show ID ... and getting ballots in on or before election day.  Most people can certainly plan enough ahead to make sure they vote on time.  The only exception would be those in the military outside the US.  And hopefully, they should be able to plan enough ahead to get those in on time too.
    One thing that was different in IL .. there was no "electioneering" allowed within 200 ft (?) of the polls. 
    Here in VA, there are always people outside the polls nonchalantly promoting their candidate and handing out leaflets.  That I found annoying.
      August 2, 2021 6:08 AM MDT

Yes. Military is different but it is still just an absentee ballot.  They should have to request it. 
    Yes we have the electioneering distance law as well.
      August 2, 2021 6:48 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 2, 2021 2:03 AM MDT