Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » History » Can you name a single time in history when the group fighting to censor speech and ban books were the good guys?

Can you name a single time in history when the group fighting to censor speech and ban books were the good guys?

Posted - August 1, 2021

Responses

There is not a time when the good ones were on the offense on it.   The good guys don't take to censure.   Today there are some indoctrination books that would make fine kindling.  It seems that they may just see that fate.  I know that is not the censure you talking about.    Back when my older child was in elementary school the state decided there must be sex education starting in fourth grade.  Parents were mortified.  God bless our principal.  She fought it and when she couldn't win that war, she simply ripped the offensive and age-inappropriate material from every text book.  That did buy time and eventually a curriculum was created that was OK with most parents. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at August 2, 2021 9:33 AM MDT
      August 1, 2021 12:14 PM MDT

That depends on which side you're on.
      August 1, 2021 12:17 PM MDT

• I'm sure there are some. It just isn't called "censorship" when the good guys are doing it. 
      August 1, 2021 12:23 PM MDT

• And I can't think of a time when people who wanted no rules or laws ... just their own personal "rights" as they see them ... were the good guys.  
      August 1, 2021 1:23 PM MDT

I guess that depends on if you think the guys who decided on the books of the Bible, were "good" or not.
    After all, they left a bunch of books and letters out.
      August 2, 2021 1:15 PM MDT