Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » White man. Black man. "Person of color". Is evolving to a point where we NEVER refer to skin color an impossible dream?

White man. Black man. "Person of color". Is evolving to a point where we NEVER refer to skin color an impossible dream?

Posted - August 2, 2021

Responses

The Dem party will never let that happen.  They are the party of identity politics....they cannot win without it.
      August 2, 2021 5:42 AM MDT

Not as long as the EEOC exists.
    Not as long as the NAACP exists.

In other words, as long as there are "good" organizations with "good" intentions based on skin color, gender, etc ... there will always be division based on those criteria.
      August 2, 2021 10:28 AM MDT

How do you fight the KKK PROUD BOYS 3 percenters militia QUANONS ex-military ex-cops who are all totally immersed in the FASCIST RACIST overturn of our country? START WITH THEM not me. You are pointing out the "colored" organizations. I SEE NO KKK listed there.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS walt? I'm shocked at you and disappointed too. KKK LYNCHINGS CROSS BJRNINGS. CHURCH BURNINGS AND BLOWING UP. Where is the offset that generated it? WHERE IS THAT?
      August 2, 2021 10:33 AM MDT

I'm not saying there aren't "evil" racist organizations.
    Those are simple to deal with, and everybody thinks of those when you talk about racism.

What few people think of, are the "good" organizations that encourage and promote racism and bigotry.
    Though, if they promote racism/bigotry, how "good" are they?

You wanted to know when racism will end.
    We can quickly end "evil" organizations, by using "zero tolerance".
    But as I said, as long as there are "good" organizations to promote any group over another - there will always be racism and bigotry.
      August 2, 2021 11:38 AM MDT

Which "good" organizations encourage and promote racism and bigotry Walt? BLack Lives Matter isn't saying they are better than at all. They are simply saying they matter too.

Now when you say promoting one group over another that's simply the selfish nature of many homo saps. I mean look at the Israelis and the Palestinians? The Israelis will always do for themselves at the expense of the Palestinians. Israelis are not unique. They are typical ordinary off the shelf selfish. Though they take it to extremes when they bomb the homes of the Palestinians and treat them as enemy not equal. Finding homo saps who are not selfish? Good luck with that. That's what politics is all about. PORK is evident everywhere. Each pol wants his/her state to get the best for bragging rights. "See what I did for you"? I doubt you will ever route that out so SELFISH is what they are. BASICALLY. After that comes the "better than/less than" bullsh**. To justify the viciousness of their station. Some are far wore than others. Which of the HATE organizations are "good"? Which of the religious groups that vilify others and use GOD as their weapon are "good"? Seriously. Give me a "good" example of what you mean. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      August 3, 2021 4:53 AM MDT

I already gave you two examples.
    Any group that encourages the promotion of one group over another, even if they do so "to right past wrongs", is guilty of racism and bigoty.

As the saying goes: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".
      August 3, 2021 6:51 AM MDT

Names please. Is BLACK LIVES MATTER one of them? I know you gave broad-brush examples. I'd like the names they go by so I know whom you refer to PRECISELY. Okey dokey?
      August 3, 2021 7:01 AM MDT

EEOC is the name commonly used by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
    NAACP = National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Actually ... here's a good place to start:
    National Minority Organizations - The Office of Minority Health (hhs.gov)
      August 3, 2021 9:45 AM MDT

I just looked back and YES YOU DID! OOPS. Sorry I didn't get that. Well ya gotchure white racist hate groups. I wonder which there are more of? I shall ask! Thank you for your reply and apologies accusing you of not doing something you did do! :)
      August 3, 2021 11:57 AM MDT

If we limit it to the US population - I would say there are probably far more well-meaning groups than "hate" groups.
    And though I recognize many "hate" groups think they mean well for "their people" - I don't include them in my definition of "well-meaning" groups.
      August 3, 2021 1:03 PM MDT

You wouldn't kid me about this would you Walt? You honestly truly really SINCERELY think that? Oh gosh I wish I could believe that. Not that I'm calling you a liar bcecause I believe you don't. Just that it seems so unbelievable what with the world we live in today. Okay. I'm going to accept that and go with that for now. Hope is way better than hopeless. Thank you for your reply and ONCE AGAIN for hanging on and in long enough for me to get it! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 3, 2021 1:10 PM MDT
      August 3, 2021 1:09 PM MDT

In order for that dream to happen, every person on this planet needs to change the way they think and perceive the world and its people. Let's be real here. We would rather kill the world before letting that happen. Hate has always been a part of history and I'm starting to believe its in our dna.
      August 3, 2021 1:43 PM MDT

Being of Armenian ancestry with darker olive skin of course I always include myself  and think of myself as a "person of color". But long ago when I was a kid I cannot recall any incident when I thought in those terms. Color of skin was no more important than color of eyes or color of hair. You just accepted people as they are without negatively "judging" them. Of course the beautiful kids/handsome kids were always noticed. The rest of us...mostly kindly plain...weren't anything special looks wise. But that was okay too. There were popular kids and the not even noticed kids. Part of life. There were kids who were obviously wealthier...a boy in my class had a backyard SWIMMING POOL. That's rich or at least was when I was a kid. It just seemed simpler. But I was just a kid and maybe all of this stuff was as bad then as it is now and I was just oblivious to it. Sorry for lengthy response. Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 4, 2021 5:44 AM MDT
      August 4, 2021 5:30 AM MDT