Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Is the Cuomo sexual harassment scandal just a distraction from the fact that DOJ stopped looking at covid nursing home deaths?

Is the Cuomo sexual harassment scandal just a distraction from the fact that DOJ stopped looking at covid nursing home deaths?

Posted - August 4, 2021

Responses

The DOJ also stopped investigating identical investigations into Pennsylvania and Michigan nursing home deaths.  
      August 4, 2021 7:57 AM MDT

I know.  I still think Cuomo sexual harassment is a distraction from the DOJ dropping it. (in all the states)
      August 4, 2021 1:31 PM MDT

Then why didn't they continue with the other two states?
      August 4, 2021 2:24 PM MDT

Garland/Biden wanted to drop it. This gives the distraction. 
      August 4, 2021 6:09 PM MDT

I think you're imagining things.
      August 4, 2021 7:08 PM MDT

Then you tell me why they scrapped the investigations.  

Unless they just know Coumo and the others killed their elderly and do not care.  We know they sent covid to nursing home after we knew elderly are the most at risk.   We also know Coumo had somewhere to send those covid positive patients.  And he chose not to use it.
      August 4, 2021 8:44 PM MDT

I imagine they ceased their investigations because there wasn't enough evidence to prove that what they did was criminal.  If the hospitals said the patients should be send "home," if you live in a nursing home, that's your home.  In the beginning, no one - NO ONE - knew how devastating this was going to be.  Cuomo and the other governors may be a lot of things, but I really doubt that they sent those people back to their nursing homes knowing (or hoping) they would die.  Where was Cuomo supposed to send those patients?
      August 4, 2021 9:45 PM MDT

Yes. We knew then that elderly people were the most at risk.  And if we knew enough to lock down...We knew covid in a nursing home would be devastating.

Where was Coumo supposed to send them? Coumo had access to the Navy Hospital....that he did not use at all.  He should have used it for the covid patients instead of sending them to a nursing home. But that would have looked like Trump helped him...and we can not have that. Better for people to die than make Trump look good on something.  And it has the bonus of getting all those elderly off NY Medicare.
      August 5, 2021 5:22 AM MDT

Tell me how the Comfort not accepting Covid-19 patient is Cuomo's fault.

"The Comfort was sent to New York to relieve pressure on city hospitals by treating people with ailments other than Covid 19. the illness caused by the coronavirus.

"But the reality has been different. A tangle of military protocols and bureaucratic hurdles has prevented the Comfort from accepting many patients at all.

On top of its strict rules preventing people infected with the virus from coming on board, the Navy is also refusing to treat a host of other conditions. Guidelines disseminated to hospitals included a list of 49 medical conditions that would exclude a patient from admittance to the ship.

Ambulances cannot take patients directly to the Comfort; they must first deliver patients to a city hospital for a lengthy evaluation — including a test for the virus — and then pick them up again for transport to the ship."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/nyregion/ny-coronavirus-usns-comfort.html

August 5, 2021 7:30 AM MDT

They easily could have sent the covid postive to the Comfort. They were leaving a hospital...already evaluated. 

And if not using the Comfort.  Then take one nursing home in an area and put all the patients there.  Just stupid to put covid in a nursing home...and it was known at the time.  Yes it would be a paperwork nightmare but it would have saved lifes.  

They are still putting covid patients in nursing homes....infecting others.  
      August 5, 2021 7:40 AM MDT

You must have missed this part:

On top of its strict rules preventing people infected with the virus from coming on board, the Navy is also refusing to treat a host of other conditions. Guidelines disseminated to hospitals included a list of 49 medical conditions that would exclude a patient from admittance to the ship.

Covid patients could NOT, I repeat COULD NOT, come on board the ship.
      August 5, 2021 7:43 AM MDT

They easily could have sent the covid postive to the Comfort. They were leaving a hospital...already evaluated. 

And if not using the Comfort.  Then take one nursing home in an area and put all the patients there.  Just stupid to put covid in a nursing home...and it was known at the time.  Yes it would be a paperwork nightmare but it would have saved lifes.  

They are still putting covid patients in nursing homes....infecting others.  
      August 5, 2021 7:40 AM MDT

No idea!
      August 4, 2021 2:01 PM MDT

Good to see you. You have been gone awhile.  Hope you have been well.
      August 4, 2021 6:10 PM MDT