Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I'm going to quote verbatim without comment. Can you guess why?

I'm going to quote verbatim without comment. Can you guess why?

"CANDIDATES (for guv) OFFER WAYS TO FIX STATE IN DEBATE. Top Republicans reveal ideas at Yorba Linda event.

To ease homelessness former Rep. Doug Ose of Sacramento wants to force unhoused Californians to get treatment for drug use addiction and mental illness.

When it comes to coronavirus safety measures in public schools, former San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer said he would ban school mask mandates statewide.

To address drugs and crimes tied to Mexican cartels, businessman John Cox of Rancho Santa Fe said he'd finish the border wall pitched by former President Donald Trump.

And to boost California's vaccination rates Assemblyman Kevin Kiley of Rocklin said he does not support incentive programs such as cash lotteries."

However if any of you would like to comment it would be most welcome! Thank you.

Posted - August 5, 2021

Responses

Sounds correct to me.

If I were in CA, my vote would be for Larry Elder.

This post was edited by my2cents at August 5, 2021 7:12 AM MDT
      August 5, 2021 7:00 AM MDT

To ease homelessness former Rep. Doug Ose of Sacramento wants to force unhoused Californians to get treatment for drug use addiction and mental illness.

Given that we are constantly told by "the left" that mental illness and addiction are the main reason for homelessness, and that police need to address those issues when they are called to deal with homeless - why would this not make sense?  Seems that treating the problem and turning people into productive members of society, is the best way to deal with the issue.

When it comes to coronavirus safety measures in public schools, former San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer said he would ban school mask mandates statewide.

Even with a "mask mandate" in schools, they will be allowed to unmask when they gather in the cafeteria to eat.  So what real use is the mandate?  Will viruses magically be prevented from spreading in the cafeterias?

To address drugs and crimes tied to Mexican cartels, businessman John Cox of Rancho Santa Fe said he'd finish the border wall pitched by former President Donald Trump.

Anyone who says a wall will stop cartels, which have intelligence networks and armed forces to rival the government of most South American nations, is either naïve or pandering.  Either way, such a candidate should not be elected.

And to boost California's vaccination rates Assemblyman Kevin Kiley of Rocklin said he does not support incentive programs such as cash lotteries.

Yes - why should taxpayers pay someone to get the vaccine?  If you aren't willing to do it for your health, fine.  Just don't expect anyone (including your insurance) to pay your medical bills when you get the virus.
      August 5, 2021 7:26 AM MDT

The question  is how do you raise vaccination rates. How can the answer be that he does not support cash incentives? That DOES NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION ASKED and is more evidence of STUPID DUMB. I see you take another tack. You seek ways to support the STUPID DUMB. Your right to do as you see fit. Not remotely helpful to me at all but it will please many. And so it goes. Avoid the issue and support the statement. Why not. What could it possibly hurt?
      August 5, 2021 8:16 AM MDT

I gave my idea on how to boost vaccination rates, but I can understand how it was overlooked.

If somebody chooses not to be vaccinated, they accept the consequence of that choice.
    If they get the virus because of that choice - they don't receive any financial assistance from government or insurance.

I think the same way about anybody who chooses to use illegal drugs.
    Taxpayers should not "foot the bill" just because someone makes a dumb choice.
      August 5, 2021 11:12 AM MDT