Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Family » When you were a child, was there an adult friend of the family whom you liked, admired, and/or respected more than all others? ~

When you were a child, was there an adult friend of the family whom you liked, admired, and/or respected more than all others? ~

[Relatives, even distant ones, are excluded from consideration for the answers to this question, please.]

Posted - August 5, 2021

Responses

• I loved my Mom's best friend.  She was more like a mother to me than my own mother.  I always felt more comfortable talking to her ... she was always there to listen without judging.
      August 5, 2021 10:36 AM MDT

I thought most adults were goofy when I was a kid.   I cannot even think of one adult family friend that I would have been in the room at the same time without parental instruction.  Some of the adults at church were nice enough and all I had to do was smile and say hello.  Also, I had a teacher (6th grade) who was in her first year of teaching and I knew I wanted to be like her when I grew up.  As it happened when I was 30 my husband and I moved and that teacher lived in my new neighborhood.  She didn't work anymore but my kids went to the schools hers had gone to and  I went to the same small private university she attended. I saw her several times since then, but it was happenstance, not prearranged social meetings.   So I wasn't just like her but my life kept me fairly close to her.  She stilled lived in my neighborhood when I moved away in 2010.
      August 5, 2021 10:46 AM MDT

No, most of my mom's friends were at a bar she worked at and I only knew a couple of them.
      August 5, 2021 1:14 PM MDT