Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever hear of a down-and-out FAILURE who came back to be bigger and better than even?

Ever hear of a down-and-out FAILURE who came back to be bigger and better than even?

Posted - August 6, 2021

Responses

Abe Lincoln

Thomas Edison

Michelangelo

Babe Ruth

They are among the most famous "failures", who are viewed as great successes ... because they kept trying.
      August 6, 2021 7:53 AM MDT

Once again I'm GOBSTOMPED! I did not know any of that! Failures at what? Oh for Abe politics I guess. He ran for something and lost?  But for good old tom and Michelangelo and the the BABE? The BAMBINO? YIKES! Oh you know what. I left something critically important out of my question. Next time around I'll incorporate it. Ever hear of a "FASCIST RACIST TRAITOR DIPSH** FAILURE..." !
      August 6, 2021 8:08 AM MDT

Yep ... even Babe Ruth.
    He held the record for the most career strike outs (1330) for 30 years.

As for Thomas Edison and Michelangelo ... most great inventors (and artists) fail far more than they are successful.
    The difference is that they keep trying until they succeed.  
    Then history (and future generations) tend to remember their successes more than their failures.

August 9, 2021 7:49 AM MDT

If at first you don't succeed? Me? I'd just move on. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      August 9, 2021 7:51 AM MDT

I was watching The Machines That Built America yesterday, and it was about tractors.
    Very interesting.
    Of course, they mentioned that the first gas engines were homebuilt with parts either created by the builder, or parts designed for something else.  Because there wasn't such a thing as an "auto parts store".
    So inventors have to have a passion for their cause, not just an idea.
    Ford had a passion to make life on the farm easier - because he was raised on a farm and hated doing farm work.  lol
      August 9, 2021 8:35 AM MDT

I watch shows like that too! "The foods that built America". The roads that built America. There are information-filled and nifty to watch. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      August 9, 2021 9:07 AM MDT

Abe Lincoln had less than 12 months of formal schooling.  He had an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and was self-taught.  
      August 6, 2021 8:46 AM MDT