Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever have a job in which there was a TRIAL period during which you were not eligible for benefits? Then once you proved yourself you were?

Ever have a job in which there was a TRIAL period during which you were not eligible for benefits? Then once you proved yourself you were?

Maybe it was a 3-month or 6-month TRIAL period. After you passed it then you got the medical insurance, the vacation and sick leave and whatever other benefits were offered to full-time employees.

WHY NOT MAKE A PRESIDENT TRIAL PERIOD for awhile? I know it would be very complicated and expensive to boot him/her out and get a new one to trial period. But not nearly as expensive as being stuck with a corrupt treasonous lying nutjob crackpot for 4 years. Whatcha think?

Posted - August 7, 2021

Responses

I was not benefit-eligible until after three months for most all of the jobs I've had.  That would be too difficult to do with a president; first because the Constitution doesn't provide for it and second because, considering the enormity of the job, three months is not nearly sufficient to determine how effective that person would be.
      August 7, 2021 1:35 PM MDT

I think that BAD EGG scale would do the job. Maybe we'd be better off without a president. Maybe the job is just too big for ONE person. Maybe we need a BOARD OF DIRECTORS instead. I shall ask. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 8, 2021 2:41 AM MDT

I think we would be better off with politicians that were more concerned with what's best for the people they represent than what's best for themselves.
      August 8, 2021 10:43 AM MDT

Hahahahahahaha! AS IF! Sure we elect them based on what they PROMISE to do FOR US. But really what do they ever do FOR US? They're so busy taking care of themselves they have no time for us! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 8, 2021 10:44 AM MDT

It seems as though no sooner do they get sworn in than they're campaigning for the next election.  
      August 8, 2021 10:51 AM MDT

I agree. They are always prostituting themselves for money to keep their jobs. I guess that's the main purpose of being a pol for the bazillions of nutjob crackpot deadbeats who keep showing up, running and winning. GO FIGGER! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 22, 2021 2:17 AM MDT

Yes.  All union jobs start out with a probationary period where the employee can be dismissed for any reason whatsoever.

Most places won't provide insurance vacations, or sick leave until an employee has worked yhee for 1 year.
      August 7, 2021 3:04 PM MDT

Thank you for providing the word I really meant but couldn't think of Shuhak. PROBATIONARY. I think it's a very good idea although one year seems a bit long. But say 6 months or even 3 months. By then you know if the person can hack it or not. Happy Sunday to you and your family Shuhak! :)
      August 8, 2021 2:02 AM MDT