Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Poems are written to celebrate/mourn many things. Ever read one celebrating/mourning STUPIDITY? Should there be?

Poems are written to celebrate/mourn many things. Ever read one celebrating/mourning STUPIDITY? Should there be?

Posted - August 7, 2021

Responses

Stupidity

Only a fool would call stupidity stupid.

For without stupidity there’d be no wisdom.

How would one know what is wise,

Without stupidity to compare it to?

It’s folly to consider stupidity absurd

For ‘tis it not stupidity which makes us laugh?

Are not the funniest jokes

Those which are about stupidity? -

Woman: “I wish we could choose our baby fathers.”

Man: “Why doesn’t a woman ever have to take a paternity test to see if the child is hers?”

Woman crying to her friend: “I bought myself 4 pregnancy tests and they all came back positive.  How am I ever going to feed 4 kids?”

My sister is pregnant.  I can’t wait to see if I’m an aunt or an uncle.

So you see, only an imbecile would call stupidity foolish.

Stupidly should be celebrated and lauded,

For the sagacious trait that it really is.

After all, stupidity is the rock that keeps our world afloat.

This post was edited by Shuhak at August 8, 2021 2:03 AM MDT
      August 7, 2021 2:58 PM MDT

I could do without stupid in government.  Couldn't you? I could also do without hate as well. Couldn't you? Imagine a world of LOVE , LIKE sans HATE? Why would lack of hate nullify love? Thank you for your reply. So do we have a difference of opinion here or were simply employing POETIC LICENSE m'dear? :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 8, 2021 8:05 AM MDT
      August 8, 2021 2:06 AM MDT

To me you threw down a gauntlet, so I accepted - "should there be a poem celebrating stupidity". 

This was not only a poem about stupidity, but I intentionally wrote the poem to BE stupidity.  Stupidity, while somehow sounding completely logical to the one "performing" it, has no rhyme or reason to anyone else.  Even though I made it sound semi-rational (meaning some would actually believe it true), and some of the the words I chose were grand sounding (stupidly uses big words to make itself sound intelligent), just the fact that I was celebrating stupidity is in and of itself stupidity.  

By the way - The third stanza contains actual quotes from real people.  Since government attracts stupidity, perhaps these same people are or soon will be will be our "leaders".
      August 8, 2021 8:48 AM MDT

See there? That part totally escaped me m'dear. "....I wrote the poem to BE stupidity"! Apologies for not "getting" it and thanks for cluing me in. OMG. ACTUAL QUOTES FROM REAL PEOPLE? I cahn't stend it Shuhak! Criminetly where do they get these people? Oh I know. They grow them in the STUPID hot house. They are born they're grown. I'm gonna ask! Thank you for your reply.
      August 8, 2021 9:12 AM MDT

Roses are red violets are blue and Trump took the short yellow bus to school. (The short bus is usually associated with kids that have learning disorders) Cheers!
      August 8, 2021 9:31 AM MDT

Thank you for the added info Nanoose. I would not have understand what short yellow bus signified. You know what occurred to me though? That's like stamping a child with a brand that is hurtful. You see the bus and you know what kind of child rides it. I wonder why it is shorter? Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 22, 2021 2:14 AM MDT