Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do your "kids" live with you or do your kids have kids and live elsewhere? How far away is "elsewhere"?

Do your "kids" live with you or do your kids have kids and live elsewhere? How far away is "elsewhere"?

Posted - August 7, 2021

Responses

Son and granddaughters live in WA
    Daughter and grand kids live about 15 miles from us.
      August 7, 2021 7:31 AM MDT

So I'm closer to your son and granddaughters than you are? But at least you have your daughter and her kids close enough to visit but far enough away to not be breathing down their necks! Well one son lives in Honolulu. One in Fernley, Nevada. And the son we lost in 2019 lived in Arizona. Thank you for your reply E! :)
      August 7, 2021 7:54 AM MDT

My son still live at home with us.  
    My daughter, SIL and grandkids live about 40 min away. But looking to move closer. 

Step daughter and Step son live about 6 hrs away. 
      August 7, 2021 8:36 AM MDT

Six hours is kinda long but doable. 40 minutes? Supernifty! Having a kid at home? Boy how sweet is that? Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Saturday to thee and thine. Our closest is a 10-hour plus drive away. The other one is in Honolulu. Of course our David who passed away in 2019 lived in Arizona...a mere 5-hour drive. Count your blessings. I'm just saying that sweetie. I KNOW YOU DO! :)
      August 7, 2021 8:40 AM MDT

I do everyday. :)
      August 7, 2021 9:37 AM MDT

I know. Me too. Another thing we have in common! :)
      August 7, 2021 9:40 AM MDT

• We just have one son and we now live about 1-1/2 hours from him.  Much better than the 12 hours away we used to live from him.  He lived on the East coast for decades after he graduated college in IL and went into the Navy.  It's such a treat all these years later to be able to see him so easily.

I hope you get to see yours as often as possible despite the distance.  But with COVID, that has made getting together a real challenge.
      August 7, 2021 9:13 AM MDT

Which is why you and Gene moved from Illinois to Virginia years ago. How many has it been B? 5 or so? That is an AWESOME good. For us? We're too old to travel via planes. We have no one here to run interference for us through LAX. At 83 (me) and (85) Jim we're pretty much stay at homers these dayS! Getting to the airport (100 miles away) parking and taking a bus with our luggage to the airport and finding where we are supposed to after we get in terminal and going through all the checkpoint. Our last trip for Rich's wedding in Honolulu which occurred in May 2010. That's it! But we're doing fine! Thank you for your reply B! :)
      August 7, 2021 9:51 AM MDT

Can't you get a flight out of Palm Springs?
      August 7, 2021 2:12 PM MDT

I haven't checked that out E. It would be closer to us. I think Palm Springs is about 50 miles away. But otherwise we'd have the obstacle course to run through and hurdles to jump wouldn't we? Maybe we'd park at the airport so we would have to take a jitney from the parking lot to it. But we'd still have to deal with getting luggage in, going through all the hoops and hurdles required to get on the dam* plane, find out seats and find also that the overhead luggage above our seats would be jammed with luggage so we'd have to sit on whatever we brought aboard. I will check on it though to see if there. I mean Palm Springs is where the rich and famous hang out all the time and probably go to Hawaii just for the halibut. Commercial flights too or just PRIVATE PLANES? I'll find out. Thank you for your question and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)

Here's the skinny which I just checked out. There are flights to Kahului, Honolulu, Kauai, Kailua-Kona and Hilo. Major airlines fly out of that airport as do a few I've never heard of. They advertise CHEAP FLIGHT TO HAWAII. Wel it's 2500 air miles and it takes 5 hours. I wouldn't use an airline I never heard of. I'd rather pay a few more buck although there is no guarantee something wouldn't go wrong even with a name brand! This post was edited by RosieG at August 8, 2021 2:35 AM MDT
      August 8, 2021 2:22 AM MDT

Our oldest son lives about 15 minuets away from us and him and his wife have 2 kids. When he left the nest I had no worries because he had a good life plan. Our youngest son lives about 8 hours away and they have no kids. When he left the nest I had lots of worries because his life plan was to move to Alberta and become the Worlds first Break Dancing Rodeo Clown. Lucklily the Cowboys laughed at him and he got a job a meat plant and has been working hard ever since. Cheers and happy weekend!
      August 7, 2021 9:27 AM MDT

Sounds to me as if your life is VERY GOOD. Well I figgered it out early on. You can always tell when you chat with folks for awhile where they're coming from! Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      August 7, 2021 9:53 AM MDT