Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How does your state rate? Is every part great? S. California has better beaches. N. California has better everything else! Your state?!

How does your state rate? Is every part great? S. California has better beaches. N. California has better everything else! Your state?!

Posted - August 7, 2021

Responses

Ohio, overall, is crappy. There areas where it isn't, but out of eight rating categories, six were below average, one was average and one was in the top ten. Here are the rankings for all states.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states This post was edited by Element 99 at August 8, 2021 10:52 AM MDT
      August 8, 2021 7:46 AM MDT

Who did the rating I wonder? Did you perchance ever visit any of them or experience any of them? Six out of 8 below average, one just above average and one in the top ten. That seems rigged to me just off the top of my head.

Now what I wrote about MY STATE is just MY opinion from what I've experienced. What is YOUR opinion from what YOU have experienced? I didn't look up any guide at all. I mean maybe there are LOTS OF THINGS great in southern California and not so great up north. Per lists. That's why I didn't use one. So what do you think is best by area? Thank you for your reply E! :)
      August 8, 2021 7:54 AM MDT

I like numbers, so I have several rankings based on numbers for my own state of South Dakota.  South Dakota is the 20th best state to live in. (Washington State is the best, Louisiana’s the worst.). This ranking is based on four components: crime, economy, healthcare and education.  We rank 40th for crime, 27th for economy, 32nd for healthcare and 18th for education.

As far as freedom, South Dakota is the 8th most free state. (Florida has the most freedom, New York has the least.). This ranking is based on three components: economic freedom, personal freedom and regulatory policy.  We rank 6th for economic freedom, 37th for personal freedom (we have some work to do there, our governor isn’t helping.) and 8th for regulatory policy.

As far as COVID vaccinations, South Dakota ranks 31st, with 47.39% of the population being fully vaccinated.  This ranking also includes Washington DC, territories, the military as a whole, the native nations as a whole and countries whose vaccination programs are handled by the United States.  Palau is first, with 76.1% of its population fully vaccinated.  Federated States of Micronesia is last with 28.85% of its population fully vaccinated.
      August 8, 2021 10:51 AM MDT

New York State ranks 21st overall.  
      August 8, 2021 12:21 PM MDT

One list of rankings among many others, my state is #6 in healthcare and #11 in the natural environment. whoopie..... This post was edited by Zack at August 8, 2021 12:26 PM MDT
      August 8, 2021 12:25 PM MDT