Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Laugh and the world laughs with you...." depending of course upon exactly WHAT you are laughing at. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS FUNNY?

"Laugh and the world laughs with you...." depending of course upon exactly WHAT you are laughing at. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS FUNNY?

Do you smile at funny or laugh out loud?

Posted - August 8, 2021

Responses

Depends on the setting - by myself I laugh out loud, but I just smile when around others.
    I can find funny in many things, although my favorite type of humor is parody.
    I'm somewhat of a humorist; I try to make funny.  

As they say...
    Laugh and the world laughs with you.
    Laugh hysterically for no apparent reason, and they tend to leave you alone.
      August 8, 2021 12:53 PM MDT

Being left alone terrifies many people. Being left alone is something I treasure and I believe you do as well. Go figger! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 10, 2021 2:55 AM MDT
      August 9, 2021 2:39 AM MDT

I won't argue, being left alone is nice.  However, being alone (not simply left alone) IS terrifying.   
      August 9, 2021 2:38 PM MDT

Remember the TWILIGHT ZONE episode..."Time enough at last"? I like to think he would have lived a good life if only his glasses hadn't broken. Do you? I mean we get lost in books don't we? Even if there were no TV or radio or phones to occupy us as long as we could read we'd always have a place to go. At least I think so. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 10, 2021 2:54 AM MDT

I do remember it.  (Burgess Meredith?)  And yes, fictionally speaking, he would have had good life (as per the story line)  But in reality, he would have gone mad in a few months.  Thee have been numerous studies and experiments performed to back this up).  People NEED human contact. That's how God made us (He even said it's not good for us to be alone).  Being alone is terrifying.
      August 10, 2021 2:24 PM MDT

I did not know that m'dear. That human contact is ESSENTIAL. So how do hermits survive? Why do they CHOOSE to go off by themselves away from human kind? Of course I cannot possibly know what would become of me if I were all alone in the world. I'd have access to life-sustaining things. I wonder if say watching old movies would mitigate that? I mean many times I get lost in the story line and am swept away by other lives other times. So maybe that would be a sufficient surrogate? Same thing with books. They can carry you away to an elsewhere. That's why John Steinbeck is my favorite author. Reading his earlier works swept me away to those times those places those people. They were so very much alive. I wonder how far that would go to replicate human contact? Thank you for your reply Shuhak!  Do you have a favorite author? Oh yes it was BURGESS MEREDITH! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 11, 2021 10:59 PM MDT
      August 11, 2021 4:33 AM MDT

Most true hermits have mental problems.  Some (eventually) "explode" in a flurry of violence.

I'm not what you'd call a book person. I used to like Ray Bradbury.
      August 11, 2021 12:54 PM MDT

I used to be a "book" person massively before I had eye surgery. Reading is not the easy pleasure it used to be. Mostly these days I "scan". Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 12, 2021 2:43 AM MDT

What I think is funny is the ignorance and stupidity of liberals. 

Sometimes I smile, sometimes I laugh out loud, but mostly I shake my head and wonder how they make it through life.
      August 8, 2021 1:23 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to you.
      August 9, 2021 2:39 AM MDT