Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Too sadly bad and badly sad. Isn't it? That politics doesn't have the same high standards as the OLYMPICS?

Too sadly bad and badly sad. Isn't it? That politics doesn't have the same high standards as the OLYMPICS?

Where only the BEST the BRIGHTEST the MOST TALENTED are allowed to represent their countries?
As it is politics takes in anything everything no matter how low degrading inept untalented unworhty inadequate desperate. WHY IS THAT?

Posted - August 8, 2021

Responses

If I recall, the Olympics don't have a good track record for "high standards".
      August 8, 2021 9:33 PM MDT

Compared to politics? Are you serious or is that one of your jokes m'dear? Thank you for your reply though! :)
      August 9, 2021 2:37 AM MDT

It's no joke, I'm just saying.    Steroids, cheating,  bad sportsmanship ... the olympics aren't without  flaws.  

Of course, politics is a multitude of flaws.  If something good does happen, they'll go out of their way to make sure it doesn't happen again.  Politic are one big "flaw".
      August 9, 2021 2:45 PM MDT

To your point m'dear is there anything anywhere that is absolutely honorable honest truthful? Are there any people anywhere that are absolutely trustworthy? Are all homo saps capable of cheating betraying, treasoning, traitoring, abusing, harming,torturing, murdering? Sigh. Does everyone/everything have feet of clay? I wonder if it's simply lack of detailed information that caused us to have heroes...people we admired respected looked up to revered? Is everyone capable of heinous depravity if given the "right" circumstances? Sad that if true. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 10, 2021 2:48 AM MDT

Sadly, all people ARE capable of doing those things.  And the ones who refuse to do them and do the opposite instead stand out like sore thumbs.
      August 10, 2021 2:29 PM MDT

Can that DEFECT be eliminated or transformed Shuhak? Surely it is a DEFECT that causes heinous depravity. Are they born that way or just have a predilection if given the right trigger? One wonders about such things. It isn't a slight difference in tone or texture. It's MASSIVELY opposite to common sense integrity good will. I don't get it. Why would anyone CHOOSE to live a life of depravity perversion darkness? Or is it something they are powerless to change? Wiring. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. I shall ask! What could it hurt?
      August 11, 2021 4:22 AM MDT

No.  As individuals we each have free will, the ability (power) to choose.   and most choose evil over good.  They see the evil as enticing, simply because they know they aren't supposed to do it.  Evil also gives them attention; boosts their egotism.
      August 11, 2021 1:06 PM MDT

Perhaps they see EVIL as the good? They see insurrection as patriotism so how much more screwed up can their perceptions be than that? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 12, 2021 2:30 AM MDT

Yes, many do.  To satisfy their deluded egos, they warp truth into whatever will promote their own agenda.
      August 12, 2021 1:16 PM MDT

A way of life for some.
    This post was edited by RosieG at August 13, 2021 7:37 PM MDT
      August 13, 2021 3:50 AM MDT