Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is the use of birth control an abomination in all "religions" or only some? Is having babies the whole point of having sex?

Is the use of birth control an abomination in all "religions" or only some? Is having babies the whole point of having sex?

Elsewise otherwise sex is SINFUL?

Posted - August 9, 2021

Responses

The use of birth control may be considered 'an abomination' if the sperm is not properly disposed of so that female demons could use it to fertilize themselves to produce demon offspring.

Try this website..

myjewishlearning.com/lilith-lady-flying-in-darkness
      August 9, 2021 4:15 AM MDT

Oh my goodness m'dear! OH MY GOODNESS! Okey dokey. I shall click on the link and then come back with my SPECIFIC thanks. In the meantime thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :) I just tried to click on the link but it didn't work. So I will have to GOOGLE it. :)

Talk about a CAN OF WORMS! Lordy lordy lordy Kg.

So LILITH preceded Eve and fled the Garden of Eden to maintain her independence

She is is seen by some as symbol of female power, independence.
    Others see her as a DEMONESS who is wicked and vengeful against men and children

Her story is well...I don't know how to describe it. I have heard the name Lilith and always liked it. I had no idea that it signified such extremes.

Thank you for brining her up. I'm going to it to see if those who are aware of her see her as fiercely independent and powerful or as a DEMONESS. Which do you think she is/was? This post was edited by RosieG at August 9, 2021 4:48 AM MDT
      August 9, 2021 4:18 AM MDT

Lilith appears to have been two-faced, she demonstrated some benevolent characteristics but seemed mostly brutally wicked and evil.
    The kind of personality you'd keep your distance from.
      August 9, 2021 5:31 AM MDT

Most definitely. Thank you for sharing that information with me Kg. I had NO IDEA and now I know. Lilith would not be my cuppa tea. :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 9, 2021 5:39 AM MDT
      August 9, 2021 5:35 AM MDT

There is no Lilth in the Bible OT or NT. 
      August 9, 2021 4:41 AM MDT

Lilith was deliberately left out of the Bible. She was Adam's first wife but she left him to carouse with the demons. There was a second wife according to mythology who Adam was not happy with so finally God took a rib from Adam to help get things right and created Eve.

This post was edited by Kittigate at August 9, 2021 5:35 AM MDT
      August 9, 2021 4:56 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 9, 2021 5:36 AM MDT

Again something someone made up.  Based on the owl in Hebrew meaning translated as lilth.   

So you believe in the first woman was/is a Demon?    And Eve was the 3rd wife?? 

Again just because someone wrote something does not make it truth.  Do you think people thousands of years from now with think Stephen King's books are historical? 
      August 9, 2021 6:09 AM MDT

"... just because someone wrote something does not make it truth."  You can apply that to almost anything in the Bible as there is no one left to prove its factual validity.  Do you really believe that a burning bush handed Moses the Ten Commandments; that Jesus turned water into wine; that Moses parted the Red Sea; that Jesus rose from the dead?  Just because someone wrote it in the Bible doesn't make it true.
      August 9, 2021 9:13 AM MDT

Archeological proof of many things in the Bible.

No I believe God Himself gave Moses the 10 commandments.  The burning bush was a visual aid the ancient Hebrews followed.  I believe the Bible.  What can be proved physically has indeed been proven....or at least not disproven. 

Many prophecies written centuries before have come to pass.  There are more to come.  And as they do my belief will be even stronger. And hopefully more will come to see the validity of the Bible. 

Again you can believe what you want.  I believe the Bible and Lilth is not in it. And certainly not a demon. 
      August 9, 2021 9:25 AM MDT

"Again just because someone wrote something does not make it truth.  Do you think people thousands of years from now with think Stephen King's books are historical?  " LOL!
      August 9, 2021 9:28 AM MDT

Just according to one/some of the Popes who misinterpreted a chapter. They took it to be about the wasted sperm...but it was about greed and disobedience.

Sex without the purpose of procreation is not a sin. Sex is a gift from God to married people to help bond and enhance their love for each other.  This post was edited by my2cents at August 9, 2021 8:31 AM MDT
      August 9, 2021 4:37 AM MDT