Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How intelligent are professional athletes? Which group is more intelligent? Football, basketball,baseball,hockey, soccer? OTHER TEAM SPORTS?

How intelligent are professional athletes? Which group is more intelligent? Football, basketball,baseball,hockey, soccer? OTHER TEAM SPORTS?

Posted - August 10, 2021

Responses

They are no more or less intelligent than any other section of society; but some sports do offer a living to people from poorer, less-educated backgrounds - a very different matter.
      August 10, 2021 2:50 PM MDT

Athletic scholarships are a way out of poverty for many. But I was wondering which sport requires the most intelligence to play well. Why do I want to know? Because I'm curious about what draws people to certain things in life. Being a physicist or being a trash hauler? Of course we don't always know what people are good at unless they have the opportunity to find out. An athletic scholarship for a kid whose family depends on his earning money having a job is out of the question. Having opportunities is fine as long as they have the good fortune to take advantage of them. Which sport is more complicated? Which requires a higher degree of planning and executing?  Which sport is like Chess and which is like Checkers? See my point? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      August 11, 2021 3:42 AM MDT