Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are we the best judges of ourselves or is it rather those with whom we engage? Do you get a better view from a distance or from the middle?

Are we the best judges of ourselves or is it rather those with whom we engage? Do you get a better view from a distance or from the middle?

We know ourselves better than anyone but I think we are also a lot tougher on ourselves than anyone would be. Except for those whose life's work is attacking insulting. Them we discount entirely. They are of zero value.
I don't know. Do you?

Posted - August 11, 2021

Responses

First let me say, nobody is of zero value. And who are we to say they are? Many things we judge in others are trivial and sometimes extremely "picky." Many situations do not involve anything of significance at all but simply different ways of doing things. We tend to pounce on situations or characteristics that will hardly mean a thing a year from now. There may be nothing wrong with pointing them out to someone concerned, but why focus on them to the point we pass judgment on the person?

It's obvious that, because of the times in which we live, self-examination/judgment is necessary so that we correct ourselves on a regular basis to make certain we continue to bring honor to God, our families, and ourselves. I always get a better view of myself from within myself (my heart). And all too often I dislike what I see and feel and take the steps necessary to correct them. I can judge only my own heart. I can't judge the heart of another because I don't know it. I can only judge what I see and hear. Even then I better make sure I'm not guilty of the same things I pass judgment upon another for. It would be hypocritical to do so.
      August 11, 2021 6:14 AM MDT