Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some prefer literal and dislike figurative. Literal crosses all the t's and dots all the i's and leaves no room for inference/allusion. YOU?

Some prefer literal and dislike figurative. Literal crosses all the t's and dots all the i's and leaves no room for inference/allusion. YOU?

Literal eliminates all subtlety implication inference allusion figurative. It nails everything down and not only closes all doors but LOCKS THEM.

Why is that a great good in the minds of some? Why do they get all tantrum hissy fitty with anything else?

Literal has its place of course.

But figurative?

Imagine if all everything were literal. No poetry for one thing. "Something is happening here. What that is is not quite clear...." That would be gone entirely.

A world limited to black and white is seemingly easier for them to comprehend than a multicolor kaleidoscope that is ever changing.

More's the pity.

Posted - August 11, 2021

Responses

Mayhap many of the perpetrators of such behaviour wjsh only to exchange accurate information. I actually know of very few people who display what you speak of.

August 11, 2021 6:55 AM MDT