Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » And who seriously believes that spraying Lysol around is going to stop one case of the flu? How do they get away with this lie?

And who seriously believes that spraying Lysol around is going to stop one case of the flu? How do they get away with this lie?

Lysol liars.

Posted - October 30, 2016

Responses

cause people sometimes will believe anything anyone says
      October 30, 2016 7:53 PM MDT

How's the transportation situation going, Pearl?
      October 30, 2016 7:54 PM MDT

• I agree, Sharonna.
    It never ceases to amaze me that with all the proven science and public education around about the nature of colds, flus, and other viruses, people still imagine that disinfectants and chemicals can cure or prevent them.
    Hand washing, cleaning surfaces that have been breathed, coughed or sneezed upon, and living a healthy life to keep the immune system in optimum condition are by far the most effective preventatives. And actually having a cold or flu once a year helps to keep the immune system recognising and able to fight the mutations of the viruses.
    Spending money on Lysol, Dettol and similar products is nothing but a waste.
      October 30, 2016 8:53 PM MDT

Oh Hart. I loved it all, what you said? But I am NOT getting the flu once a year for any reason.  LOL

To each his own.  But you are right-on about the rest of it sistah!!!!

Consider this item and the next time you start to feel rotten, I hope you have this handy in your medicine cabinet because you have to take it at the sign of the flu.  You won't get flu.  I have been flu free for many years.  MANY. 

I tell people this all the time.  Most people will listen if I get them when they ARE sick. They tend to remember when the pain is upon them.

Oscillococcinum (or Oscillo[1][2]) is a homeopathic preparation marketed to relieve influenza-like symptoms. It is a popular preparation, particularly in France. It is manufactured by Boiron, its sole manufacturer. Oscillococcinum is used in more than 50 countries and has been in production for over 65 years. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 30, 2016 9:53 PM MDT
      October 30, 2016 9:50 PM MDT

• Hate to break it to ya', but homeopathy is pure unadulterated woo.   Take Oscillococcinum  for example.   There is no evidence that duck liver has any effect at all, not to mention the Oscillococcinum concoction is so diluted that there is not any actual duck liver left in the final product.  Sorry but it's just sugar pellets and/or water you're taking.  The idea that the molecules are imprinted has no scientific basis and is hokum.
      October 30, 2016 10:00 PM MDT

Don't ever lecture me on what I know that you do not.  I know you are a "scientist".  I am  a healer and I work with energy all day long.  So.  Do not go there. I mean you can assert your opinion and I love to hear it, but don't take that tone with me.

I have had the flu for 40 years.  OKAY?  I know what it takes to get rid of the flu.  You can't do it. 

I have not had the flu since at least 1996.  At least.  NOT at all.  Once I got it for 24 hours because I didn't have any of this stuff.

It works.  Just don't give me the blather.  You either try it and do it like instructed and then tell me differently.

Do it exactly like I tell you.   You start feeling achy, run to med cabinet and take a vial.  You will not get the flu.

You are welcome.

I also don't want to hear about what you think about miracles or anything esoteric.  I am YOUR teacher, not vice-versa. I have been where you have not, so you don't GET to have an opinion.

LOL
      October 30, 2016 10:26 PM MDT

• Okay. Next time I feel achy I will drink some water.
      October 30, 2016 11:42 PM MDT

• In your case, Sharonna, there's an excellent reason to be avoiding colds and flus - the fact that you are training to become a masseuse. No clients would want you breathing rhinococcus or influenza droplets all over them.
    Guessing you probably lead a healthy lifestyle that helps support your immune system. Maybe you're genetically lucky too. You live in Britain if I remember rightly, the ultimate land of stuffed-up and running noses, so your good health is no small achievement.
    I'm neither for nor against homeopathy - but I don't use it myself.
    Double-blind research shows that on average (gross generalization) 30% of all healing in both medicine and psychology is due to the placebo effect. Since this is a higher percentage of success than some conventional medical drugs, those little pills and drops certainly have their place in the spectrum of healing.
      October 30, 2016 11:34 PM MDT

Hey!

It was on TV so it's got to be true. The only bigger endorsement would be to see it somewhere in the Internet.

We can't even get healtcare professionals to wash their hands between patients these days. I don't think a little disinfectant sprayed around a room is gonna help all that much. But on the other hand it "couldn't hurt".
      October 30, 2016 9:04 PM MDT

Yes.  Actually breathing that crap can hurt quite a bit.  Read what is in it and what you are inhaling.
      October 30, 2016 10:28 PM MDT

• I'm shocked to hear that (English?) healthcare professionals don't wash their hands between patients. If anyone was caught doing that here, they'd be compelled to repeat their hygiene course. Second offense put on notice. Third offense sacked. OH&S laws make it compulsory. If someone died, of say Legionaires or Septicemia, a professional proven to have had unclean hands would be charged with criminal negligence. It might seem unbearably big brother, but the statistics prove that it works. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 30, 2016 11:51 PM MDT
      October 30, 2016 11:37 PM MDT