Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Will you hold me?

Will you hold me?

I think it may be my favorite Fleetwood Mac song!  :)

Heard it today by chance and I'm now listening again "on purpose" 

Hold Me

Posted - August 11, 2021

Responses

I hear this fairly often. I like it more now than when it was popular back in the early 80s. It's nostalgic for me! :)
      August 11, 2021 9:26 PM MDT

:)
    I like the song a lot for sure. :)
    I've always liked everyone in the group but particularly Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham. I've liked their solo work, too.
      August 12, 2021 6:35 AM MDT

Lindsey's plucking that guitar is everything and then his voice, too............

Perfection! 
      August 12, 2021 7:45 PM MDT

and, then --  just looking at Lindsey . . . .

Ha! But, yeah, I'm with you on his music, too!

And I've always liked the video moments, like at 1:41 and 2:49 -- where it looks like Christine is doing that high-pitched vocalization that I like.  :)
      August 12, 2021 7:53 PM MDT

Yeah, he is easy on the eyes as well! :)

I always preferred Stevie, but then Songbird is so incredible. 

I agree with Thrifty. They're just aces. 
      August 12, 2021 7:55 PM MDT

I don't think I've heard "Songbird" until now - - when I looked it up. I'm listening as I type.
    Jesus.
    Literally.

Another reason why I respect the hell out of McVie.

(Hey, unrelated -- did you post a Bill Withers song "Lovely Day" somewhere on the site in reply in a thread in which I told Randy D that I think he had said he liked Withers? I forgot Withers sang "Lovely Day" - - loved listening to that song again! I don't remember where I saw this song on the site but I was thinking you might've posted it. And thanks if you did. And if you didn't, oh, well. Ha!)

I think I may need to sign off now for the night - - that Songbird "did me in" in the best of ways. I never heard it until now. Thank you for sharing the title! I want to go sit back, and chill, and let the song sink in.  :)   :) 
      August 12, 2021 8:07 PM MDT

Yeah, it's really something. I'm going to put it on now, too. 

I can't believe you'd never heard it until now! Wow, this really makes my night! 

Yes, you posted something to Randy about him liking him, too, as do I.  I can't remember what the original question was, but it got led down the road of you and me and Randy D on a musical road trip. Ha!

Good night, friend. 
      August 12, 2021 8:17 PM MDT

Everything they did was A+.
      August 12, 2021 1:11 PM MDT

Yes, you're probably right! I enjoy hearing them, no matter the song.  :)
      August 12, 2021 7:17 PM MDT