Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » 3rd shot for immunocompromised people and booster shot for everyone else? Whose got the hot shot? When where why who?

3rd shot for immunocompromised people and booster shot for everyone else? Whose got the hot shot? When where why who?

Posted - August 12, 2021

Responses

I think the shots are all the same - no difference for booster or immuno-compromised.
      August 12, 2021 8:09 AM MDT

It's getting kinda confusing L Do this. Do that. Don't do this. Don't do that. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 12, 2021 11:44 AM MDT

You're right, it is confusing and I blame poor communication from government agencies for that.  They aren't properly explaining why they're recommending various things which leads to folks ot believing what they're saying or being too confused to make a decision.  However, at this point, it should be clear to anyone with a brain that getting vaccinated an wearing masks are critical to stopping the Delta variant.  Had we all done this when the original virus was upon us the variant may not have been able to take such a hold.  While Delta may not cause as many deaths, it is clearly more easily transmissible and it is hitting younger people.  The older age groups who were smart enough to get vaccinated are not as susceptible and even when there are breakthrough cases, they don't require hospitalization.  
      August 12, 2021 1:10 PM MDT

I guess best case is wait for more info then. They've never been here before so it kinda makes sense they don't know which end is up. SIGH. Fingers crossed it will all be alright. Right? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 13, 2021 3:56 AM MDT

True - there is just not enough data available because of the short time period and the haphazard way states are reporting.  Most states stopped doing testing which is the only real way they could determine how effective the vax is after 6-months, a year, etc.  Without that testing, how do we know the length of the efficacy of the vaccines?
      August 13, 2021 7:53 AM MDT

We don't for sure though different studies are ongoing constantly. Fingers crossed we get there soon...there being when we KNOW how long and how often and strong the vaccines are and KNOW what is coming at us BEFORE it gets here so we can ward it off. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 13, 2021 8:10 AM MDT
      August 13, 2021 8:08 AM MDT

The fact that when we began vaccinations, wearing masks and social distancing the virus was on the way to being controlled should be sufficient for those who are not vaccinated to realize that it's the only way we will beat this virus.  For as long as there are so many unvaxxed, the possibility of more variants exists.  For those in states where governors have banned mask mandates, that doesn't mean that people can't wear them.  People have to think for themselves and do what they know is the right thing for all concerned.
      August 13, 2021 8:13 AM MDT

Well the problem with that is so many of those who "think for themselves" don't think at all. They react emotionally to political maneuvering only they don't realize they have been played. Too bad how many of those them there are isn't it? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 13, 2021 8:14 AM MDT

I agree, but I'm not sure there's any way to combat that kind of ignorance and stupidity.  
      August 13, 2021 8:19 AM MDT

There isn't. BRICK WALL STONEWALLING. I say give up and take precautions against their ilk and let them just die off or get very sick. You can't help folks who continue to poke you in the eye. WHY TRY? :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 13, 2021 8:21 AM MDT
      August 13, 2021 8:20 AM MDT

I feel the same way. :)
      August 13, 2021 8:21 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 13, 2021 8:22 AM MDT

I've been tempted to get all the shots, from the various makers.
    Just say "no" when they ask if I've already got it ... because I haven't from THAT manufacturer.

I have no idea if that would give me more protection or not ... but it feels like it would.
      August 12, 2021 3:00 PM MDT

Honestly Walt we don't know either. "They" don't know so what we hear is very confusing. But at 83 and 85 we are at risk bigly so we ain't fooling around with unmasking and butt touching in big large crowds. Also what will the 700,000 A**holes in Sturgis take back to their family friends community viruswise? It should be a big lot of fun to see the aftermath of THAT abomination. Drunk unmarked old people sexing it up? Betcah all of them are GUANOHEADS. Who else would be that stupid dumb? Thank you for your reply Walt. Some day when I know you better I will tell you what I REALLY THINK! :)
      August 13, 2021 3:58 AM MDT