Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We cannot send our troops wherever there are threats worldwide. How do we decide which threats are worth the money the lives the time?

We cannot send our troops wherever there are threats worldwide. How do we decide which threats are worth the money the lives the time?

Posted - August 16, 2021

Responses

1 - Why is it necessary for us to get involved?  
    2 - Is a diplomatic solution possible?
    3 - If a military solution is the only option, what is our end goal?
      August 16, 2021 2:01 PM MDT

You "replied" with 3 questions and no answer(s) to mine. It's not helpful Walt. Is it because you cannot answer mine so you supplement that lack with more questions?

So I shall attempt to reply in answer to yours.

If we make alliances with other countries aren't we obligated to defend them if they are attacked?

If someone drops a bomb like happened at Peal Harbor exactly when does diplomacy kick in?

Show of force and threat of death is what a military solution brings to the table. What else is able? This post was edited by RosieG at August 17, 2021 4:14 AM MDT
      August 17, 2021 4:13 AM MDT

You asked how do we decide if it's worth our time and lives.
    I gave you the questions that need to be asked in order to make that decision.
      August 17, 2021 6:51 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply.
      August 17, 2021 6:55 AM MDT

btw - Pearl Harbor was deserved.
    We had supplying war materials to the forces fighting the Japanese, allowing our citizens to fight as mercenary forces, and imposing an economic blockade on Japan's war materials.
    In other words, we were at war with Japan all but in name.

It was the same on the other side of the country.
    We were supplying war material to England - so the Germans were well within their rights to sink our merchant shipping.
      August 17, 2021 3:09 PM MDT

So we are now in another dimension m'dear. DESERVING what we got because we were the INSTIGATORS in WW2? That is a new take on it for me. Another thing I did not know although I have heard that FDR knew about Pearl Harbor IN ADVANCE and let it happen so America would be in support of entering the war. I hope that ain't true but well I don't know. Do you? Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      August 18, 2021 4:58 AM MDT

The US needs to institute a MYOB policy - MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!  We are NOT the world's policeman!  We have NO right to demand that other nations do things our way (or else we punish and/or invade them).  There are times when we need to put our foot down (eg. WWII).  But wasting lives and money on a pointless endeavours just so we can strut is utterly idiotic.  We can't even take care of our own problems, yet we think we can run the world.
      August 16, 2021 2:49 PM MDT

Do you know how alliances work Shuhak? If we become allies with other countries and one of them goes to war are we obligated to go to war too? It's very confusing. Other countries were in Afghanistan with us but we went in first.SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 17, 2021 2:46 AM MDT

We went in first with a coalition.  Most of the coalition was smart enough to get out a long time ago.  It's not very often you see the US going in with another country leading.  We always seem to be the lead nation.
      August 17, 2021 11:41 AM MDT

The world's traffic cop. When did we do this first? I remember seeing a movie about Irving Berlin and he wrote the song "OVER THERE". It always bring me to tears when I try to sing it. And in movie whether in war 1 or war 2 when the yanks are coming everyone is overjoyed!

The part that most gets me?  "We'll be over we're coming over and we won't come back till it's over over there". Yep. I just teared up typing those words. I'm hopeless. But that was how we felt and how we were perceived once upon a time long ago mostly before my time though of course I was here for WW2 though quite young. Those were our ancestors who did that and caused that and deserved that. What about us? I have no done who "us" is any more. Do you?  I'm gonna explore that. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 17, 2021 11:46 AM MDT

By your logic, we would have left Hitler and Nazi Germany alone to round up and slaughter Jews, homosexuals, and other "undesirables" to their heart's content. What business was that of ours?
      August 17, 2021 11:48 AM MDT

Obviously you didn't read my reply.
      August 17, 2021 12:06 PM MDT

Correct. Sorry.
      August 17, 2021 12:08 PM MDT

That's part of the president's job description.
      August 17, 2021 11:46 AM MDT

"We" don't! Others are doing it under false pretenses. As long as this "rinse and repeat" thing is going on, no one benefits. By no one, I mean the regular citizens that have to live with other people's fark ups. This post was edited by Zack at August 17, 2021 11:54 AM MDT
      August 17, 2021 11:50 AM MDT