Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Guess what the supremes are gonna take up in November? The right to have a gun on your person OUTSIDE YOUR HOME. No kidding?

Guess what the supremes are gonna take up in November? The right to have a gun on your person OUTSIDE YOUR HOME. No kidding?

Imagine no guns on anyone anywhere but inside the home? OMG we'd have hysterical nervous breakdowns. Bazillions of gun people can't imagine going outside the home UNARMED. They would simply shrivel up and die.

So we'll see what happens in November. Me personally? I'd be happy as a clam at high tide to not have to read about gun-related massacres on a daily basis. Gun people would be devastated. Gun sellers gun makers would die on the vine.

So chickensh** are  gun people they would never go  out they'd stay inside with loaded gun in hand waiting just waiting waiting to use it! Changes the dynamics of personhood don't it though? And society and politics and religiosity don't it?

Posted - August 16, 2021

Responses

That is already the law in most of the country. Except for the big cites....coincidentally those are also where the most crime is.....I wonder why? 
      August 16, 2021 12:25 PM MDT

Good answer. Also, a large portion of those big-city shootings is street gang-related. Something the anti-gunners don't take into consideration. Let the police do their job. Lock up the criminal element and keep them locked up and the crime rate will fall.
      August 17, 2021 1:08 AM MDT

About the only place this will matter, is Washington DC.
    Some residents there took a case before the SCOTUS a few years ago, for the right to keep loaded firearms in their own homes (due to the high crime rate).
    The SCOTUS found in favor of the citizens.  But that did not allow them to carry their firearms outside their homes.

Sure, sure.  It would also matter on military bases.  But those are more secured than a gated community.

Yeah, yeah.  National forests and parks.  But unless you are in a large campground or near the southern border, you're unlikely to see any federal law enforcement in those areas.

Since most other states already allow some form of carry outside the home, this would not have any wide-reaching effect unless those laws were revoked.  Which would generally require fights under the state constitutions. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at August 17, 2021 4:53 AM MDT
      August 16, 2021 1:27 PM MDT

All the nutjob crackpot weaponized GUANOHEADS shout SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS. Thus we get mass massacres daily. They full of sh** all of them.

What's wrong with NOT ALLOWING American Citizens to carry any weapons on them at all whatsoever? They step out of the house with a loaded gun and they get arrested and jailed. What's wrong with that? And when that amendment was written what did they have as weapons? The plethora we have today including assault weapons? I mean this whole gun craze as wacky. In my opinion. But the supremes are 6-3 GUANOHEADS so they will allow open carry with assault weapons everywhere there is an anywhere. What do you wanna bet? They may limit to GUANO adoring worshippers though. I shall ask. Thank you for your reply Walt.
      August 17, 2021 4:57 AM MDT

It is unconstitutional.
      August 17, 2021 5:33 AM MDT

When it was written, most personal weapons were equal to or better than the weapons supplied to the military.
    A "squirrel rifle" may sound harmless ... but it was more accurate than the muskets British/Colonial soldiers were issued.
    That is what allowed the rebel ambushes to be so deadly and feared by the British.
      August 17, 2021 6:58 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Walt.
      August 21, 2021 12:19 PM MDT