Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » At the age of 86 on January 7, 1943 Nikolai Tesla died. He had about 80 trunks filled with his invention papers. The MYSTERY?

At the age of 86 on January 7, 1943 Nikolai Tesla died. He had about 80 trunks filled with his invention papers. The MYSTERY?

His nephew and rightful heir received 60 trunks. What happened to the rest of them? They were in the possession of the government. I think good old creepy weirdo J. Edgar Hoover was involved.

To this day no one knows why when where. They "disappeared" into thin air.

What do you suppose might be in them that is of such great consequence that the government STOLE them and said nothing at all?

Posted - August 17, 2021

Responses

Start at 5:57

August 17, 2021 4:51 PM MDT

OMG! OMG! OMG! Thank you for the spear through heart E. Could it be? OMG. :(
      August 18, 2021 2:29 AM MDT

Oops...I meant 1:25.
      August 18, 2021 6:44 AM MDT

It ends with the ARk of the Convenant being locked away out of sight out of reach and never available to be found. I thought you meant by that the same was done with the alleged 20 boxes of Tesla inventions drawings etc. If not what did you mean?
      August 18, 2021 8:21 AM MDT

I did. That was an example of what might have happened to the twenty boxes.
      August 18, 2021 11:40 AM MDT

Oh. Good. I got it then. Thanks E and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      August 19, 2021 1:13 AM MDT

About two-thirds of the clip is credits!
      August 18, 2021 4:17 PM MDT

I know...I just wanted her to see the deep vault.
      August 19, 2021 8:29 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 19, 2021 8:34 AM MDT

Patents for military or intelligence-services equipment perhaps?
      August 17, 2021 5:14 PM MDT

We will never know. What made "the powers that be" think they had the right/authority to confiscate his belongings? Was he working for the government so whatever he was working on BELONGED to them? I don't think it works that way. If it does it shouldn't. They (whoever/whomever "they" are) are thieves. Maybe one day it will be revealed. Thank you for your question Durdle. Whatever it was was deemed worthy to the thieves. BAD wins again! Sheesh! :(
      August 18, 2021 2:21 AM MDT

It does work that way, if you are employed or contracted to invent things for a company or a government  organsiation, and I am only suprised that had not occurred to me previously.

Even without the tangles of state security, the intellectual property of a commercial or state corporate body is rightly that body's, not those of staff or contractors paid to come up with the ideas. You might be given a bonus if you are lucky, for your brilliant invention... but you are only doing your job!

You say 20 out of 80 sets were taken. That suggests to me that those 20 were taken selectively. Whoever claimed them knew what they wanted; and if acting for the IP owners they had not only the right but the responsibility, to take the documents.

IF however the claimants were not those who had commissioned the work, that is a different matter and that could be construed as theft under whatever appropriate law.

Since you say they were taken by "the government", or rather a government agency, we can only assume they were taken lawfully, by their real owners. Meaning Nikolai Tesla had been paid directly or as a contractor to perform the particular work described in those 20 sets of papers. We have no evidence otherwise, even circumstantially.

As to what happened to them, that's anyone's guess. It is quite possible that after all these years they survive in some vault no-one has any need or time to explore; or they were genuinely thought obsolete in some clear-out many years ago, and thrown away.
      August 18, 2021 4:07 PM MDT

Allegedly those 20 boxes were either withheld or "diverted". But say Tesla was working on other things not for the government. All kinds of "other" things. Would the government "own" them too?  What you posit (possibly) that maybe they were thought obsolete and discarded? Who would be smart enough to judge that? I believe Nikolai Tesla was a GENIUS and unless another such one evaluated everything HOW DARE HE or THEY presume that? I hope one day we will find out why where and what. Thank you for your thoughtful analysis Durdle and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      August 19, 2021 1:19 AM MDT

Nikolai Nikola Tesla
      August 18, 2021 4:13 PM MDT